Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 gr Berry's with WSF

S391

I'm loading 124gr Berry FP bullets over Winchester WSF but I'm trying to work up a good load and I'm having a tough time finding proper load data for a plated bullet. I prefer to shoot a hotter load but I want to be safe.

So, for those who use this combo, what is your load?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by S391

I'm loading 124gr Berry FP bullets over Winchester WSF but I'm trying to work up a good load and I'm having a tough time finding proper load data for a plated bullet. I prefer to shoot a hotter load but I want to be safe.

So, for those who use this combo, what is your load?

Thanks in advance.

Berrys site recomends to use FMJ data but stay in the low to mid range. Speeds up to 1200fps.

http://www.berrysmfg.com/faq-q9-c1-How_do_I_load_Berrys_Preferred_Plated_Bullets.aspx

Thanks for the info. I'm loading 4.9 gr of WSF and they seem to shoot really well out of my gun. I'm going to try and run out this weekend and shoot some over my chrono to see how fast they are shooting.

With my scale my load measures 4.8 gns to 5.0 gns. I am shooting 124 RN Berry's and WSF. On my Lee Powder dispenser it is the 4.3 disk. I have used the 4.6 disk but didn't see the need in using the extra powder.

I think my loads are real nice out of my Glock 17. It seems like I was set up at about 1.136 on the overall lenght.

for target practice in my XDm 3.8

Berry's 9mm (.356) 124gr RN

4.3gr WSF ( I have gone up to 4.7, but my wife didn't like to shoot them as much )

mixed brass

fed small pistol primer's

OAL 1.161

For me, clean, soft shooter.

Edited by Velvett