Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A wish come true (for my daughter)

bierman

My 15 y.o. daughters favorite music group is Florence and the Machine. She found out several months ago they would be playing here in Dallas today. We were online the morining tickets went on sale, CC in hand. It sold out before we had a chance to buy tickets. She has been bummed ever since. On the advice of a friend who is a frequent concert goer, we have been constantly checking the venue website (Palladium Ballroom) to see if any more tickest have come available, with no success. At about 3:30 this afternoon, my wife said "something just told me to check the website again" and lo and behold, tickets were available for purchase. Dropped my wife and daughter off about 6:00 and I swear my daugther just about floated away with excitement. Its nice when things work out for those you love.

I haven't found anything that makes you feel better yet then making things like that happen for my daughter. Of course she's only 4 so that involves concerts like The Fresh Beat Band, lol

Very Cool. Indeed, daughters are God's gift to Fathers. Nothing makes my day more than hearing mine shout "Papa!" when I walk through the door.

My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves the Fresh Beat Band, too. It's a Great Day, you know, but I liked the "old" Marina better! (ok, if anyone presses this I'll claim I was tied to a chair and forced to watch them.)

Edited by Bamboo

Wife and daughter reported the show was awesome! I have not seen my daughter smiling that much, ever. The only negative of the night was the show was General Admission, standing room only, so they were a bit worn out and sore from jockeying for position for 3 hours. Even so, they both said it was more than worth it.

Edited by bierman

That's awesome! I suck at finding tickets. My oldest daughter has been wanting to go see JB and I never can find tickets. There must be a secret somewhere.

You just have to be a true Belieber. Sorry i just had to =)

Luckily, my daughter would not be caught dead at a JB concert. Her musical tastes have been heavily influenced by my total and utter disdain for "pop music". Most of the music on her ipod is on mine as well. Metallica, 3 Days Grace, Godsmack, Puddle of Mudd, Chevelle etc. are more to her taste. Can't seem to get her into Pantera, though. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Luckily, my daughter would not be caught dead at a JB concert. Her musical tastes have been heavily influenced by my total and utter disdain for "pop music". Most of the music on her ipod is on mine as well. Metallica, 3 Days Grace, Godsmack, Puddle of Mudd, Chevelle etc. are more to her taste. Can't seem to get her into Pantera, though. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

No Pantera? :surprise:

you failed as a parent and a Texan ;)

My daughter is just now getting to the point she listens to music a lot. So far so good but who knows what will happend next year in Jr High?