Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock34 stippling job

Ultimo-Hombre

I did other, Which was purchasing one of the cnc laser cut grip tape kits for less than 20 bucks. Allowed me to get a positive grip on the weapon and still have the ability to peal it off if USPSA makes a rule change. (I shoot in both production and limited so it makes it nice to be able to revert back to stock if I choose. It's not the best route, but for the price I would say the retention with sweaty hands likely can't be beat.

The only thing that would prevent me from stippling a Production type gun is the fact that once it's done there is no going back. When I sold my 34 one of the first questions asked was,"It's not stippled or anything is it?"

Just something to think about.

Stippling is great when done right though. My Open gun is stippled and it's great compared to the grip tape I had on my Glock.

thanks for the replies,

got out the soldering iron and stippled up an airsoft gun i had laying around and came to the conclusion that i sure as hell wont be doing my gun myself. Looked pretty rough no mater how consistent i tried to be and i see how you could EASILY screw up a weapon!

Good thought on the resale thing, I am gonna just look into grip tape!

I like the dawson grip tape if you go that route. 15 bucks for 3 sheets. If you do send it off, cold bore customs does a great job and has a very subdued look to the stippling. Their "tactical" stipple has a good grip to it and looks like it belongs on the gun alot more than the big round dots all over the gun. That looks fine on an sti but not so good on a glock.