Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 40 3.8 Sub Compact...not popular?

dskinsler83

I don't think the XDM is a very good concealment firearm. I have an XDM40 in 4.5" that I use for Limited/L10, but would not carry it as I feel it is too big for good concealment.

People who buy compact generally look for a good concealed gun. Try over at xdtalk.com.

Why are you selling it ? The reason you wanna sell it may be the reason others dont want to buy it. Looks to me like an in between gun with little market. Too small for recreational shooting especially with a .40. Too big and probably heavy for a concealed defensive arm.

I have one, and it is for CC although I have not carried it much (yet). It rides in case under the car seat with a full-size mag (w/sleeve) mostly. I bought it because I previously carried (quite a bit) an XDsc in .40 and really liked it. I compared the two and the only real difference in size was the .8 longer barrel. I sold the XDsc and am very happy with the XDm 3.8C. I took several pistol classes with my first XDm, a "full-size" 3.8 and will be taking a Defensive Pistol class this Saturday with the 3.8C to get some practical trigger time with it. As my Competition gun is a 5.25 I get A LOT of trigger time on the XDm platform but need to spend some quality time putting some rounds through the little 3.8C, and this class it the perfect opportunity ! Good luck with your sale, I know when I sold my XDsc I was working against the Glock's. Everybody wants a G26 or G27. I had a G27, and I liked the XDsc (and XDm 3.8C) a LOT better!