Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 or 35?

Vash1023

Just wanted some opinions on which would be better for a new production or limited shooter. Obviously difference being 9mm or 40sw.

And to get into more detail. I do not reload so different factory loads will be used instead.

Thanks guys

Don't think one would be better then the other, they are equally good guns. 9mm is going to cost less to shot then 40, so if money is an issue the 34 would be cheaper to shoot. I'd say shoot both and see which one you like better, some don't like the snappiness of factory 40, so that might be another consideration.

Ultimately pick the one you shoot best, not what one of us tells you to buy, because contrary to what some might will tell you, there is no one perfect gun.

Edited by jdphotoguy

OK. Is there any difference rules wise or scoring.

Yes, there are differences and I suggest if you want to shoot USPSA or IPSC you read the rules. The are posted on the web sites of each governing body. Not trying to be rude, but I believe it is up to the shooter to try and educate themselves about the rules.

Not to be rude to jdphotoguy but hey new people need guidance and it's our job as members and shooters to help our new people out rights?!?! Any way in production all guns are scored minor no matter the power factor. Gun and mags have to be at point of hip and behind and all mags are limited to 10 rounds. The G35 is a true all around gun. It can be shot in IDPAs SSP & ESP and USPSAs production, limited 10 and limited division as well as a great 3gun pistol. Being able to download 40 is almost like cheating and a minor power factor load of 40 is softer that 9mm and flatter too. Yes 40 does cost a tad more but places like Atlanta arms and ammo make nice minor competition 40 loads to buy for the non reloading shooter and prices are not bad really.

The G34 is a fun gun as well. Both of mine ate reloads so both shot great for me I just moved on to a 1911 this year.

Edited by dskinsler83

Not to be rude to jdphotoguy but hey new people need guidance and it's our job as members and shooters to help our new people out rights?!?!

Well you are doing new shooters a disservice by coddling them and answering all their questions which can easily be found in the rules book. Shooters for their own benefit need to read the rules book, otherwise how are they going to know what is expected of them at a match. Getting DQ or penalized because you were unaware of a rule is no fun and can drive shooters away from the sport. I'm not trying to be unsupportive, but the best way to learn is to read the rules yourself all at once and not have them spoon feed to you. Edited by jdphotoguy

Not to be rude to jdphotoguy but hey new people need guidance and it's our job as members and shooters to help our new people out rights?!?!

Well you are doing new shooters a disservice by coddling them and answering all their questions which can easily be found in the rules book. Shooters for their own benefit need to read the rules book, otherwise how are they going to know what is expected of them at a match. Getting DQ or penalized because you were unaware of a rule is no fun and can drive shooters away from the sport.

Well our matches have "New Shooters" meetings and our new shooters go to an experienced Ro/SOs group and shoots last and I don't think it's coddling a new shooter to help them and answer a few questions.

Well you are doing new shooters a disservice by coddling them and answering all their questions which can easily be found in the rules book. Shooters for their own benefit need to read the rules book, otherwise how are they going to know what is expected of them at a match. Getting DQ or penalized because you were unaware of a rule is no fun and can drive shooters away from the sport.

Well our matches have "New Shooters" meetings and our new shooters go to an experienced Ro/SOs group and shoots last and I don't think it's coddling a new shooter to help them and answer a few questions.

I can see we don't agree on this subject at all and this is not the place for a discussion on the topic.

The 35 is a true all around, as has been said. If you only want to shoot production get the 34. If you want to take the same platform and compete in Production, Limited and Limited 10 then get the 35.

I have a 35 as my production gun and it is pretty cheap to shoot if you reload and I do not feel that any other gun out there is really much better.

JD.........this is the beginner forum, where questions are expected to be asked and answered.

Brian

The 35 is a true all around, as has been said. If you only want to shoot production get the 34. If you want to take the same platform and compete in Production, Limited and Limited 10 then get the 35.

I have a 35 as my production gun and it is pretty cheap to shoot if you reload and I do not feel that any other gun out there is really much better.

JD.........this is the beginner forum, where questions are expected to be asked and answered.

Brian

I agree Brian this is the beginners area. And to Vash! No problem and hope you find what your looking for. Shoot often and have fun and remember to help all you can.

skinsler... are there any reputable sites online that sell downloaded 40cal reloads?

i dont reload so thats not an option

DCAmmo.com.

40 minor lists for $260 per thousand

I would never choose a G35 for Limited. Adding that your going to shoot factory ammo even less of a "good choice". Shoot production with a G34. It's the same game. You just problem solve differently. I just don't think a Glock is a great limited gun. Most people who use one in limited end up with a 2011/CZ/EAA at some point. Skip the middle step if you want to shoot Limited.

A word of advice. Do not shoot the 9mm barrel in a major match. If they notice you will be shooting open minor.

Good choice on the 35!!!!!!! There is nothing wrong with a 35 for limited! There is nothing like kicking the but of 2,000 to 3,000 guns with a gun that costs less than $800 all set up!

Brian

Show the right path to all beginners an they will find where they standing right after... Come on guys...

for me vash, ill get glock 35, and shoot limited... U can still shoot production from that gun though... Its all about preferrences but thats my own opinion... Goodluck!!!