Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pain Management

TwoShot

I blew a disc out in my back 7 years ago.  I had injections in my spine, took dilaudids, gabapentin, etc.  After a year, I could walk without a cane.  Since then I started working on building up my core.  Huge difference.  I'm 67 now and all I need is a couple of Tylenol before a match and I'm good to go.  Try doing some planks everyday(start slow) and see if that helps.  Good luck...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm basically in the same boat as the RP.  After back surgery, I stretch throughout the day. 

I'm terrible about taking medication but am not shy taking 800 mg of ibprohin before a match. Depending on the terrain, I try to wear the right shoes.

• 5 months later...

Many people suffer from pain and look for the solutions. And I'm no exception. I'm sure there are many good medications that can help. But I don't recommend to take any pills without prescription. It is better to ask your doctor first. At least you can read the description of the chosen pills online (I use Canadian Pharmacy Online for this purpose). But thanks for sharing your experience, guys, I've found several good suggestions here.

I find 4 Advil taken 30 minutes prior to the start of the match helps tremendously with my severe arthritis in my ankle (due to shattering it in my youth (56 now)). I also have started to wear a Ritchi brace, which has given me a renewed ability to move like I used to. Warming up also is critical, as is sitting when possible.

Jokes aside I feel like I should be sponsored by Advil and Crown royal.   I do like Advil right after a match with a lot of water.   I don't get as sore when I drink a lot of water or G-zero .  THe booze is fine but it will make you cramp up if you don't drink lots of fluids.  I can't tie one on and shoot the next day so I am talking one or two drinks then I get back on water.   Day 2 after lunch is usually the worst but if I keep moving my body perks up.