Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remove sound from .MOV file

benos

I have a movie file I want to post, but I want to remove the audio before I post it. What would be the easiest (free) app to do that in?

I've never launched iMovie, but I just did, and couldn't figure out how to remove the sound, and up with a file I could upload

be

Double click the clip and it opens an Inspector window... Click Audio and lower the volume.

I got that far, but I couldn't figure out how to save or export the file so it ends w/o sound.

I started by creating a new project / imported the .mov file from the desktop, saved it, and a folder was created on the desktop with the xxxx.mov file inside it. Then when I turned down/off the sound, the file/clip plays w/o sound in iMovie, but the xxxx.mov file inside the folder plays with sound.

Go up to share and then click media browser... Or you can select to share right to YouTube. The changes you have made with the audio should stick when you export it.

After clicking Share, there is not a selection for Media Browser (iMovie 4.01). There are selections for Eamil, HomePage, Videocamera, iDVD, QuickTime, Bluetooth.

I tried QuickTime (with compress for web), but the sound was still there on the exported file.