Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger 3 Gun Championship

The American International Marksmanship Academy(AIM) will be hosting the First Anual TF Dagger 3 Gun Championship June 16th and 17th. Competitors will shoot all 8 stages on either Saturday or Sunday. 100 slots are available on Saturday, and 50 are available Sunday. Sunday slots will fill quickly as many of the 3GN Pro Series shooters will be coming down to shoot after their match on Saturday. Match registration form and match press release/ announcement is attached. A portion of all proceeds will go to the TF Dagger 3 Gun Team, which is a team of wounded special operators/ purple heart recipients that will be traveling the country to attend various 3 Gun competitions. Please join us for what promises to be a great event.

Dustin Rademacher, Training Director

American International Marksmanship Academy, LLC

P.O. Box 567

Blakely, GA 39823

229.724.4485 office

912.704.6994 mobile

229.724.4431 fax

TF_Dagger_3_Gun_Championship_Registration_Form.pdf

Edited by Rademacher

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a good match. They have cabins on site and a hotel 4 miles down the road. If The quality of monthly match is any indication of how the first major will be...... All I can say is get ready for fast and fun stages.

I am definitely doing this one as well. Which day you shooting Jimmy? Need to check on the deal with the cabins. Be good to have another match this summer after the Tarheel earlier in June.

Been watching since you talked about a June match Dustin, glad this one is up and running! Look forward to it. Enjoyed squadding with you all at SC.

Tim

I talked to Jeremy at Steel City this past month. Sounds like a hell of a match and I'm upset that I'm gonna miss it but I just have so much going on right now with moving and such that I can't make it. It would have been fun chasing folks around with a timer like I normally do.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm probably gonna try to shoot saturday. That way I can come watch sunday.

Yeah, I am thinking that now as well. I had thought about going to South River on Sat. to watch the 3 gun nation match and then shoot Sun. but that is further away than I was thinking.

We are going over the rules one more time before we publish, but expect everything to be along the same lines as what you are seeing at most of the big calendar matches. No suprises or weird changes to the norm for equipment or scoring. All paper will require either one A or B hit, or two hits anywhere to be neutralized. A select number of rifle targets will be pushed out between 325-375 yds, but target types and distance will be realistic even for shooters not using magnified optics. We will have rules/scoring posted by mid-day Monday.

We are going over the rules one more time before we publish, but expect everything to be along the same lines as what you are seeing at most of the big calendar matches. No suprises or weird changes to the norm for equipment or scoring. All paper will require either one A or B hit, or two hits anywhere to be neutralized. A select number of rifle targets will be pushed out between 325-375 yds, but target types and distance will be realistic even for shooters not using magnified optics. We will have rules/scoring posted by mid-day Monday.

More questions.

I have not ever been to this facility before. I see that you offer golf carts for rent, will you be able to drive (vehicles)to the stages or is there central parking and walking? How far apart are the stages. These questions may seem silly, but it will make a difference in how to load out gear.

Thanks, Hurley

Hurley I think you can shoot out of a car with minimal carrying of stuff. Dustin can tell you more but if you need a cart I may have mine there Sat. while I'm in Atl.

With the exception of two rifle stages, everything will be in the same general area, easily within walking distance. Also, there will be enough room that if you feel you need to bring a vehicle up closer to a bay, you will be able to. For the two rifle stages not in walking distance, we will have golf carts or John Deer Gators that the squad going to that stage can use to get there, if they don't want to load up their vehicle and drive. Distance to those stages is about 3/4 mile. Also, I promised rules by today. We basically looked at what 3GN is using for their Pro Series events, and adjusted to fit the TF Dagger Match. Mainly, we adjusted target types, because we will not be using the new square targets, and adjusted some scoring penalties. Failure to neutralize (only one shot on IPSC targets, not in A or B zone) is 2.5secs, same as 3GN Pro Series. Unhit targets are 5secs, and Failure to Engage is 5secs. We we be enforcing a 10sec penalty for any unhit rifle steel, to ensure no targets are purposely skipped or shot "towards". Stage and overall results are simply time plus penalties. Attached are the rules/scoring. Please read through, although they obviously are 90% taken from what 3GN has posted, there ARE some changes. Let me know if you have any questions or something is unclear or leaves room for opinion/debate.

TF Dagger 3G Rules.doc

Edited by Rademacher

• 2 weeks later...

Talked with the guys at American International about the match yesterday. If your on the fence about this one don't be. Dive in and help a good cause. While helping the cause you get to have a great match and a pretty sweet prize table at the end. Sign up for this one you can't go wrong.

Talked with the guys at American International about the match yesterday. If your on the fence about this one don't be. Dive in and help a good cause. While helping the cause you get to have a great match and a pretty sweet prize table at the end. Sign up for this one you can't go wrong.

+1 Ryan. You will love this facility.

I have received a few inquires about RO's. If you volunteer to RO on the day you are not shooting, you will receive half off your entry fee, and get a bunk at no cost. If you have already registered and wish to RO, let me know and I will refund that portion of the entry fee when you show up for registration. First come, first serve for RO requirements. Once we have the numbers we need, plus some back-ups, I will post on here. Please let me know your RO experience if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the closest major airport? I'll be flying in from California.

There is an airport in Dothan, AL and in Columbus, GA. I wouldn't call those major, so let me know if you can't find reasonably priced flights into there. ATL is about 175 miles north of here.

Cabins are sold out at this point! I apologize if you have an app in the mail with a cabin request. Days Inn in Blakely, GA is 4 miles away from the facility. It's an older Days Inn, but they should have plenty of rooms. Also, this week we have some more sponsors on board for the match. C3 Defense, Stag Arms, Kel-Tec, Montana Gold, Atlanta Arms, and JAB's Extreme Steel Targets. Looks like it's turning out to be a good prize table with everything from guns to ammo, and don't forget about the cash payback. I am starting to piece together squads, so now is the time to get a hold of me if you are on the fence about this match. I will do what I can to get you squadded according to your preferences, but after this week I will simply have to start plugging names in open squads if entries continue to arrive. Stages will be posted by this weekend. More to follow, I look forward to seeing everyone out here!

So looks like ATL is the closest airport with a direct flight. Everything has ridiculous layovers so its just easier and faster to drive from ATL.

Also, did I miss a round count somewhere?

Thanks

So looks like ATL is the closest airport with a direct flight. Everything has ridiculous layovers so its just easier and faster to drive from ATL.

Also, did I miss a round count somewhere?

Thanks

How long a drive from ATL?