Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tricking out my Trojan...

It isn't finished yet because STI still has the slide but here is how she looks so far...

IMAG0626.jpg

IMAG0627.jpg

VZ grips black cherry grips, held on by their turbo grip screws, Tech Wear mag well, Chainlink flat mainspring housing...fresh back from the chrome shop! The slide will be the standard black the STI uses for a little while if I like the 2 tone I will send the slide somewhere for a better finish. :cheers:

What grip are those? Operator 2s? Just ordered some VZ grips, and can't wait to put them on my ranger 2!

They are operator 2's. They are kind of sharp on the edges, I am thinking they should have kind of tapered them off a little. Overall I like them. They seem to be pretty heavy, I need to put the gun back on the scale.

I put grip tape over the chainlink on mine.It was just too slippery for me.

Why does STI have the slide? :surprise:

I like the chain link for me it seems like just the right balance of grippeyness...

My Trojan came without front cocking serrations. I shot it for a few months like that but when I got another STI with the front cocking serrations I decided that I wanted them on this one also. STI is adding them and re finishing the slide N/C :cheers: The Dawson front sight had gotten a little lose in the dovetail so they are replacing that also, N/C :cheers: Love STI!!

Those safeties look great. Sets off the satin nicely.

Thank you, I think so also. I think it looks awesome.

What grip are those? Operator 2s? Just ordered some VZ grips, and can't wait to put them on my ranger 2!

They are operator 2's. They are kind of sharp on the edges, I am thinking they should have kind of tapered them off a little. Overall I like them. They seem to be pretty heavy, I need to put the gun back on the scale.

I put grip tape over the chainlink on mine.It was just too slippery for me.

Why does STI have the slide? :surprise:

I like the chain link for me it seems like just the right balance of grippeyness...

My Trojan came without front cocking serrations. I shot it for a few months like that but when I got another STI with the front cocking serrations I decided that I wanted them on this one also. STI is adding them and re finishing the slide N/C :cheers: The Dawson front sight had gotten a little lose in the dovetail so they are replacing that also, N/C :cheers: Love STI!!

Those safeties look great. Sets off the satin nicely.

Thank you, I think so also. I think it looks awesome.

I also prefer front, cocking serrations.I can't believe they are upgrading it for you at N/C. That's awesome!

Blued Ejector? :devil:

Yes! after my last chrome shop experience I was very selective about what I sent them. I put each piece in a little baggie and marked how I wanted it finished. The frame has brushed flats and matte rounds. Wait till you see it, it turned out great. Very "high speed low drag" :devil:

• 1 month later...

is that an Ed Brown MSH? did you cut the vz grips for the techwell? mind sharing how its done? the lower half looks great!

Yes, it is an Ed Brown MSH. I had it chromed. I did cut the VZ grips for the Techwell. I wish they would do it at VZ. I posted how I did the modification on a thread some else had already made. That thread is here: Grip Mod

Here are a couple of pics of the finished gun, even though I said I would never sell it I am aching for an Eagle so who knows...

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

very nice! I love the two-tone look. did the vz grips fit flush at the bottom of the Trojan frame? I am thinking of getting one for my Trojan

Yes, they fit flush and they fit very well. They offer different styles, this is the style for the magwell. :cheers: