Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harley Owners Here....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the Road King Custom this month and now my wife wants a Sportster!! New one of course.... This little idea for the RKC is quite a bit more expensive than I thought!!!

The kids think we're nuts..........

I'm gonna have to drive it to a few matches. Might have to get a Dillon bag for the bike instead of using my SC bag.

Sorry to trash up a Harley topic, but I don't think they'd mind a photo of 37 year old Brit iron. My '75 RD350 will whoop it, but sometimes stylin' makes up for speed. B) Besides, it is no slug either.

DSC00366a.jpg

Previous-> '94 Suzuki GS500

Current-> '02 HD 1200 Sportster Custom.

Speaking of the 2-stroke Kaw-triple, about 10 years ago someone near me was pretty much giving away a basket case Kaw-triple. My dad worked in a Honda( / Harley?) shop in West Chester, PA back in the 70's, so he got to see and ride some different bikes. So, I figured he'd at least know something about it.

I can still remember the day when he told me about riding a Kawasaki triple. He had an weird, pale white look on his face while relaying the story even 20 years after. Those must have been some kind of monsters...I decided not to buy it after seeing him react like that.

BTW, nice Triumph, 2Tap45. Clean, classic iron.

jveg

usc and jveg, thanks for the comments. It's a '67 TR6 that my dad bought new to use in enduro competition (because his XLCH was getting too hard to kick start in the cold mornings-no batteries nor electric starts on the old CH's). The Triumph always started first kick.

The Harley air cleaner was great for the creek crossings and Ceriani forks helped a lot, too. None of the other Triumph riders in town knew he secretly had an 800cc cylinder kit installed (he just never got over the Sportster torque climbing hills). The TR6 could do 100 mph with trail gearing during those "friendly" backroad duels. Since then, I had to sleeve it for 750 pistons to run the mild gasoline we get nowadays.

Family heirloom; will keep it 'til I die, even if it kills me :o