Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator

brhalolll

It really depends on the rifle. Adding a compensator should not, in and of itself, affect accuracy at all, assuming that it's installed correctly and has adequate clearance for the bullet to pass through without touching it or coming so close that the air can't compress between the bullet and the comp.

Where it can affect accuracy is in barrel harmonics. Any change to the weight of the barrel, particularly at the end, is going to affect the harmonics of that barrel whenever a bullet is passing down it. Could be better....could be worse, but either result will likely not be drastic.

It really depends on the rifle. Adding a compensator should not, in and of itself, affect accuracy at all, assuming that it's installed correctly and has adequate clearance for the bullet to pass through without touching it or coming so close that the air can't compress between the bullet and the comp.

Where it can affect accuracy is in barrel harmonics. Any change to the weight of the barrel, particularly at the end, is going to affect the harmonics of that barrel whenever a bullet is passing down it. Could be better....could be worse, but either result will likely not be drastic.

Yup! :cheers:

If you handload, you might have to tweak your load for optimum accuracy.

Also, on some rifles, removing, or adding a comp changes point of impact. :surprise:

I am testing some loads in this rifle. I hate to shoot it with the muzzle break, because it is exceptionally loud. I typically wear plugs and muffs. However, I forgot how much it helped with the recoil. Makes a huge difference.

I am testing some loads in this rifle. I hate to shoot it with the muzzle break, because it is exceptionally loud. I typically wear plugs and muffs. However, I forgot how much it helped with the recoil. Makes a huge difference.

A properly made compensator should direct the blast, and noise around the shooter.

I have one on a .22-250 that is noisy to the shooter. :wacko: