Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cat Tail and scope cover for Burris MTAC 1.5-6?

I just got a Burris MTAC 1.5-6 scope, and I need to find a cat tail or scope lever for it. Does anyone make one for that model? Is the power ring the same size and shape as the older model MTACs or Tac 30s?

Better yet, oes anyone have a do-it-yourself solution for less money?

I also need a scope cover to fit it. I was looking at the Flack Jacket ScopeCoat 6mm thick one http://www.midwayusa.com/product/864886/scopecoat-scope-cover-xp-6-flak-jacket-12-1-2-x-42mm-black, but I wasn't sure if I should get the 42mm one or the 50 mm one. The scope is supposed to have a 42mm objective, but the stats on the website say 46mm.(maybe that's Outside Diameter)

Thank you,

Chris

Edited by S&W627shooter

I have the MTAC 1.5-6 as well. I ordered the 42mm XP-6 scopecoat as well and it fits perfectly. I tried the 1-4x cattail on the 1.5-6 and it does not fit. The 1-4 is slightly undersized to fit. If you were brave enough I'm sure that if you used a dremel and removed some material from the inside of the 1-4 cattail you could get it to fit the 1.5-6. I say this because the 1-4 cattail is completely smooth on the inside, there are no detents or indentations... at least the one from C. Drissel doesn't

I have the MTAC 1.5-6 as well. I ordered the 42mm XP-6 scopecoat as well and it fits perfectly. I tried the 1-4x cattail on the 1.5-6 and it does not fit. The 1-4 is slightly undersized to fit. If you were brave enough I'm sure that if you used a dremel and removed some material from the inside of the 1-4 cattail you could get it to fit the 1.5-6. I say this because the 1-4 cattail is completely smooth on the inside, there are no detents or indentations... at least the one from C. Drissel doesn't

Thank you, good info!

• 2 weeks later...

I was very concerned about the limited fov as well since I am replacing my Leupold Mk IV CQT 1-3 which has awesome glass. I have not shot it in a match yet, but I have sighted it in, and at 6x I didn't have any problems picking up the target out to 250 yards. At 1.5 power you could probably shoot with both eyes open with some practice. I had no problem getting on close targets quickly.

I was also worried that the center dot was too large, but at 300+ yards, the center dot was not as wide as the utility pole I was looking at. I will try to remember to give a report after the next match in June.

I just got off the phone with Chris Marsh of 3gunstuff.com, and he says the MTACs all have the same diameter power ring. His are currently in production and should be shipped out at the end of the month. I am probably going to order his plastic lever for $39.95. Any thoughts? Is a .8" lever long enough? The power ring seems fairly tight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an MTAC 1x4 and got one of Charlie Drissel's cattails and like it . I personally didn't want a piece of plastic in a function that takes a alot of shear stress when you crank it in a hurry when the adrenaline is flowing. At the time he also had some p-mags & added it to sweeten the deal. I don't know if he has any p-mags left, (you could drop him an email) but the lever is strong and I have no problem recommending it.....my 2cts.