Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match critique

mhop

Looked good Matt, you have improved a lot since I seen you shoot at area 4 last year. Likes like your movement is quicker into positions and your leaving them extremely quick, dropping 60 pts out of 1080 is impressive as fast as you were shooting. I assume you won the match huh?

For those wanting a good example of some of the things I have been writting about in other video review threads, this is it.

Matt, any critique I could give would be really, really nitpicky. You posses a dizzying array of shooting tools to draw upon in your stage execution. You do a really good job of stage break down and execution. You shoot good rythme and cadence on difficult arrays, you also shoot very fast splits on targets which are appropriate to do so. You float where ever you can and with static possition, where you should. You have command of your fundamental shooting skills and execute all of those skills on command. I don't know if you are a ranked Master, but this is what a Master shoots like. Heck, I've shot with ranked GM's who don't shoot this well. I really like that your pause in shooting is literally as long as it takes to perform the reload, that you are exactly where you need to be for each new target. Your long and short transitions are spot on. Reloads... spot on. You're not afraid to go into a low port and then come out again, when that is the most efficient route. Dang dude, you're a badass and I suddenly feel the need to go practice.

And there you go. Dude's got the entire package.

I try not to hang around Matt too much because he is always bragging about his package.

Anyway... that is the best shooting I have seen from him. I expect him to finish very well at Nationals this year.