Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training setups

WSMBUCK

I have a pistol and rifle range at my house and was wondering do any of you guys have and pictures of some of your practice ranges and set ups as far as training targets ,how they set up , what type ETC. just wanting to get a few ideas , fixing to do a little adding to mine . Thanks

I don't know that a lot of people have a range out the back door of their house. IMHO. Mine is just berm with some steel and paper targets. I'm am going to put some time and money in it, after Area 6. :cheers: that is if the guys that shoot at it with me want to continue to use it. Lol

I just had a steel plate rack built for practice. Typically I use 5 IPSC target stands, 5 steel plates (22"x10"), and now I am going to incorporate the plate rack. It has 5 plates on it. I like to shoot steel so I don't have to tape so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I've goty own range. It's not perfect, but it's safe. I've got a plate machine. A small rectangular popper, target stands, a barricade, a barrel on a stand with both ends cut off to shoot through, 4 six by four wall sections, 7-8 plates and stands for .22 and 6-7 plastic blue 55 gallon barrels. Also a permanently mounted 12" plate at 50 yards. And a nice table for my gear.

It's less than 30 steps from my door. I need to visit it more often!!!!

I have a pistol and rifle range at my house and was wondering do any of you guys have and pictures of some of your practice ranges and set ups as far as training targets ,how they set up , what type ETC. just wanting to get a few ideas , fixing to do a little adding to mine . Thanks

Well, I don't have a personal range, but if I did I'd start with the basics.

Since you mention rifle, I presume you can put some paper out at real distance. Set up three targets at 15, 25 and 50 yards to zero your guns and see where they shoot at these benchmark distances.

I'd also setup what I see most ofetn at my local match which is a mix of open and partial targets at mixed distances. If you have the money for steel pick some up and do that too.

That should get you started. I wish I had a personal range.....

ive got a range at my parents house but i moved out to go to gunsmithing school so now im having to drive 30 min to shoot there..... :angry2: But i have built a dozen or so target stands, a plate rack, a steel challenge set, poppers, gongs for 100 yard rifle, a swinger, up and down target, walls, barricades, activator plates, etc.

I had as much time and fun making things for my range as much as shooting there :devil:

Ill try and get some pics of some things this week