Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XD shooter

Ok i will have to look into PRP and springer.

Grape, go with the press, i bought a Dillon 550 from BE's store and it was the best gun purchase i have ever made. I can shoot so much more now.

I am thinking of going with the Dawson adjustable rear and a fiber optic front for my sights. going to be ordering something this week. any ideas or better value for sights out there?

Again, thanks. you guys are a wealth of knowledge and i appreciate the help

The Springfield Armory custom shop installed my sights, a Dawson fiber optic front, and a Wareren/Sevigney Competition rear. The total was about $150.00, including shipping. They don't always have what you want in stock, but it only takes a couple of days get sights in from the manufacturer. I had them do it because my gun was already there for repairs. You might get a better deal somewhere else. The Dawson rears are nice, too.

Just ordered the Dawson adjustable rear and FO front along with an extended mag release and punch set. all from springer. Trigger job will have to be next pay check.

Now the big decision will be get it done by one of the shops or drop in and do it myself/with some help. Better trigger vs. not having to ship the gun out

Daniel at powder river and me talked about this long and hard. I finnaly broke and mailed him the gun and he did the full monty competition trigger job on it and it is amazing its worth it if your serious about competing to get a job done by a smith which ever you pick..........i highly recomend powder river precision fast service and great work.

Daniel at powder river and me talked about this long and hard. I finnaly broke and mailed him the gun and he did the full monty competition trigger job on it and it is amazing its worth it if your serious about competing to get a job done by a smith which ever you pick..........i highly recomend powder river precision fast service and great work.

Joe, how long did it take and are you comfortable talking about the cost? If you want PM me about the cost if you don't want to discus in public.

Anyone get the springer trigger kit, drop in, or have springer do it? Just looking to compare and get the best value for my money.

Everyone, thanks again for all the info

I recently had Springer do a competition trigger on my 5.25, and I have to tell you I'm very happy I had him do it versus doing it myself with a drop in kit. You can get good results with drop in kits, but its nothing compared to a trigger fine tuned by someone with intimate knowledge of the inner workings of a given piece of gear. Don't think twice about the cost of shipping your pistol to get the work you want done. Once you have it back and its better than you ever could have imagined you'll forget all about the shipping cost. :)