Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why Use Case Lube?

Hey guys just loaded my first 200 .45 ACP lubed with 1 shot and WOW. What a difference . . . . .like

Sizing already sized brass

moving from electric stove top to gas

Station wagon to Ferrari

Ok I got carried away but WOW. I will lube everything I load from now on. On a serious note I think the tennis elbo the press annoys from time to time will also not return as there is FAR less pressure. Which means far less spilled powder as well although there isn't enough powder in my .45's to make a real call. 9 major and I bet is MuCH better.

I reload with latex gloves on. So I just dump my brass in the casefeeder, shoot a little Dillon and/or OneShot (yes sometimes I use both) - stir the brass around in the case feeder and go. So much easier :) I do like the ziplock bag idea...I'll give that a try.

~Mitch

Guys, a word of caution. Make sure you dont slop case lube into the mouth of the case, and let it dry(hint hint....spraying it into the case feeder...)

I had some .45 years ago that went pop instead of BOOM. clumped up powder...due to too much case lube in mouth of case and not letting it dry before loading....FYI.

I knock them down flat in a cake pan and roll them around now....

DougC

I have a plastic gallon pickle jar with a wide mouth and lid. Spray Dillon case lube on the inside walls and bottom of the jar, dump in a few hundred rounds of brass, screw on the lid and turn the jar over by hand to mix well. Brass comes out uniformly lubed with none inside the case. Load bullets and tumble finished rounds for a while to clean off lube and deburr any sharp edges on case mouth.

I dump my brass in the feeder and spray some into the bin. Stri up the brass and give it a few more shots. Never had a problem.

+1.. I put brass in the hopper of my 650 and spray while the brass agitates around the hopper. I do this every time I load primers. Been doing this for 5+ years without any issues.