Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Demonstration of the Shotgun Quad Load

We had SG match last weekend with 8 stages on it.

Our new "Han Solo" guy beat the crap out of everyone on modified division.

The second place guy got only 73% of his match points.

On stage 4 his time was 18,16 and points 120. The second got time 26,46 and 82 points of him (68%)

On one speed shoot, 8 plates down with time 2,78 :) (Option 1 start)

We don't have a clue what option 1 start is.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have a clue what option 1 start is.

8.1.1.1 Loaded (Option 1): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) loaded, hammer and/or

sear cocked and safety catch applied (if the shotgun is designed to have one).

8.1.1.2 Loaded (Option 2): magazine filled and fitted (if applicable), chamber(s) empty and the action

closed.

8.1.1.3 Unloaded (Option 3): fixed magazine must be empty, detachable magazines removed and

chamber(s) must be empty. The action/bolt may be open or closed.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the first video of quad load in the wild? I haven't seen any others, post 'em up!
Can you post a picture of how you are grabbing those Austin. Which two shells get loaded first?

Looks like the FSL-12 caddy from CarbonArms. They stack like two MME's stuck together and you grab in the middle to pull the top two out.

CM

Clint's right, that's an FSL-12.

Can you post a picture of how you are grabbing those Austin. Which two shells get loaded first?

Here you go. First out, first in. I find that it works best if I index my fourth finger against the aft wire, kind of like indexing the same finger on the outside of an MME caddy for weakhand. I've only been putting eight rounds in the caddy even though it'll hold twelve; I find that when I'm rolling the shells out of the caddy I can also roll them up into my grip and I throw fewer dummies across the room. :blink: Maybe I'll get to where I can do twelve in the caddy reliably one of these days.

img1908pq.jpg

That outside shell got away from me a little while I was taking pictures. It doesn't usually stick out that far.

img1911wn.jpg

And of course, it's always easier with:

newimagei.jpg

Hope that helps, AT

• 2 months later...

Here is a short video of the new Carbon Arms 8 round pinwheel that also works for the Quad Load.

Life has gotten in my way of shooting , and I just now looked at Marks Video.

My credit card is ready, Are operators Standing By? if I leave rite now I can be up to Colorado -Pick up a set - and be home for work in San Antonio Monday morning. I would still have time to learn that load.

In Fact I have a challenge. I am going to ask James and Mark to deliver a 8 round Pinwheel to me the night before the Fallen Brethren match. I will practice a bit in the hotel room with dummy rounds. And I will use it in the match the next day. Thats how much I believe in learning curve on the Twins Carbon Arms system. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

James will have it for you at FB. :cheers:

UP Date !

James did have a 8 round pin wheel for me on Thursday afternoon before the FB3G started on Friday. And I did use it in the match the very next day. :cheers: Thanks!

is 14th place at the FB3G match a big deal ? maybe not to some = But to Me :goof: I am thrilled to death about it. Moving up with some help from my friends.

Jamie

Are there any trick to setting up the FSL 8? Should I use any kicking compounds and how tight/loose should the shells be in the device?

The carrier and wrist has to be line up, If the wrist is not lined up the fingers do not grab it as consistent.

What was so fast for me to learn this past weekend was the 8 round Pinwheel - set up to hole 4 shells at one grab. For Me = the 8 round PinWheel is twice as consistent as the FLS.

As all I had to do with my "old week hands" is lift my elbow as the first shell went in the gun so that my Left thumb drooped in behind the shells.

Are there any trick to setting up the FSL 8? Should I use any kicking compounds and how tight/loose should the shells be in the device?

Kicking compounds?

Tighten the retainer screws until just the bottom row of shells has a little tension on them. As for width, the shells should not be bound, but, they should not be bable to rotate more than maybe 1/8" or so.

Kicking compounds?

Tighten the retainer screws until just the bottom row of shells has a little tension on them. As for width, the shells should not be bound, but, they should not be bable to rotate more than maybe 1/8" or so.

Sorry locking compounds ie loctite

The carrier and wrist has to be line up, If the wrist is not lined up the fingers do not grab it as consistent.

What was so fast for me to learn this past weekend was the 8 round Pinwheel - set up to hole 4 shells at one grab. For Me = the 8 round PinWheel is twice as consistent as the FLS.

As all I had to do with my "old week hands" is lift my elbow as the first shell went in the gun so that my Left thumb drooped in behind the shells.

Are you quad loading out of the pinwheels?

Are you quad loading out of the pinwheels?

Yes I Am, Its a lot more consistent grab from the PinWheels. the holders are mounted cose, and its not alot diffrent than grabing just two.

We don't use any locktite, and I would not recomend it.

The new 8 round pinwheels are suitable for the Quad Load. :cheers:

I have an 8 and a 12 but I do t know how new they are. Y'all have any pictures of how you have the pinwheels aligned to make the quad load out of them?

Jesse, the FSL8 and FSL12 are one thing. The new 8 round Pinwheel came out just 2 weeks ago. It uses pinwheel clips in pairs for the Quad loading.

I have an 8 and a 12 but I do t know how new they are. Y'all have any pictures of how you have the pinwheels aligned to make the quad load out of them?

Jesse, the FSL8 and FSL12 are one thing. The new 8 round Pinwheel came out just 2 weeks ago. It uses pinwheel clips in pairs for the Quad loading.

Man! I can't keep up. Is it not possible to pair up the clips I already have?

Man! I can't keep up. Is it not possible to pair up the clips I already have?

Sure. Do you have 4 of the 2 round clips?