Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 USPSA Production

dart368

I gave my Glock 34 to a local 3 gunner who is nationally ranked. He worked on it and gave it back to me and it was phenominal. The trigger felt so light and smooth. He gave me a little baggie consisting of a small spring and a large spring. I cannot find the baggie now as it is lost in the garage somewhere. I think it was the trigger spring and the striker spring. I also noticed that the guide rod isn't the bendable polymer one so I think he changed out that as well but am not sure.

I have tried to call him and have left messages but he never returned my calls.

I was at a match last month and I was getting light strikes. Some of the guys there helped me out and changed out my striker spring to a stock one. I now notice that the lightness is gone and it almost feels like my stock Glock 17.

I looked into polishing and I noticed that nothing had been polished in the trigger group so I did that.

My question is, what should I change my springs too? Is there a certain combination between the trigger spring, striker spring and recoil spring so the gun functions and I don't get light strikes?

Thanks.

Edited by dart368

Lots of people use light striker springs because they make such a big difference in the trigger pull. You have to be sure you use primers that your gun will light off every time, like Federals. I use light striker springs in all my competition guns and never had a light strike.

I had the same issue with my Open G22 with certain brands of rounds. I also changed back to a stock striker spring and found there was a noticeable difference in the way my trigger felt. Had another open Glock shooter tell me to look into getting an extended striker to solve the problem. Went with a Glockworx skeletonized striker with the extended tip and it totally solved the issues I was having. Was hoping for a cheaper solution (it was $86), but I liked the way it felt. Havent had a light strike since, just dealing with the FTE's from my SJC mount now. Good luck in finding a solution.

Joe

Try a jager striker and you can run the light striker spring no problem and will feel very crisp. If you run a light striker spring, I suggest a light light weight striker. Mine sets off winchester primers no problem.

Spring combos to avoid.

Extra power trigger spring and light striker spring as this can cause the trigger to not reset forward all the way where the trigger safety does not engage.

Full power striker spring and very light recoil spring(avoid 11 definately, MABY the 13 as well if you keep an eye on it) These work against eachother. If the recoil is too light for the striker spring it can take it out of battery a little bit when firing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the lightened and extended striker from glockworks with the light striker spring. I'm currently running CCI 300 primers. Will update with range report once testing is completed.

UPDATE- just had a practice sesssion with the new Jager striker. I ran Speer 115gr TMJ's out of my open gun.

I used the stock spring to start off and had no issues in any way, but I did notice a difference in the trigger pull. I had cleaned the striker channel in the slide out the night before during installation and the pull felt heavier and a little gritty. Ran 300 rounds with the stock spring in a variety of slow fire and rapid fire drills with zero issues at all.

I did change the stock spring out to the Glockworx lightened striker spring and the trigger pull/feel improved noticeably. Had zero FTE's, FTF's, or FTEject's in 420 rounds of the same drills. Lighter pull, and smooth.

I did swap out between an 11# and 10# ISMI flat recoil spring for 100 rounds with each striker spring with the same results.

So, I saw that Brownells has a striker from Glockworx in which I get a small discount if I order from them:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27179/Product/CUSTOM-SKELETONIZED-STRIKER-for-GLOCK-reg-

But it looks a little different from the Glockworx one:

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155963&CAT=3698

Do you guys know if the Brownells is an extended one? Also, are there any cons to the extended one over a stock one?

Thanks.

I gave my Glock 34 to a local 3 gunner who is nationally ranked. He worked on it and gave it back to me and it was phenominal. The trigger felt so light and smooth. He gave me a little baggie consisting of a small spring and a large spring. I cannot find the baggie now as it is lost in the garage somewhere. I think it was the trigger spring and the striker spring. I also noticed that the guide rod isn't the bendable polymer one so I think he changed out that as well but am not sure.

I have tried to call him and have left messages but he never returned my calls.

I was at a match last month and I was getting light strikes. Some of the guys there helped me out and changed out my striker spring to a stock one. I now notice that the lightness is gone and it almost feels like my stock Glock 17.

I looked into polishing and I noticed that nothing had been polished in the trigger group so I did that.

My question is, what should I change my springs too? Is there a certain combination between the trigger spring, striker spring and recoil spring so the gun functions and I don't get light strikes?

Thanks.

I have been rocking a pretty consistent combo in my glock 34/17 for production. The biggest difference I have found is in the striker spring. The same thing that makes the trigger feel notably better also allows light strikes on primers if you use the 4lb striker spring. The stock spring iirc is 5.5lbs. Before I got my dillon 650 I was using winchester white box with decent results. I would suggest this combo for better performance.

-25 cent trigger job

-4.5-5.0 lb striker spring (IMO 4.0 is to light unless your using only federal small pistol primers which I don't always have access to which is why I switched to the 5.0 spring)

-Stock trigger spring

-Light weight safety plunger spring

-13 lb recoil spring

-3.5 lb ghost rocket connector

I got 1 light strike with WWB with 4.0 striker spring, but it was enough to make me go up to 4.5. Additionally a titanium striker reduces lock time and improved ignition consistency (0 light strikes since)

Just ordered the lightened and extended striker from glockworks with the light striker spring. I'm currently running CCI 300 primers. Will update with range report once testing is completed.

Update. Kit installed. One lite strike out of 300. Turns out the primer was not seated properly. (partial crush). Very happy with the upgrade, recommend.