Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my 2011 Nickel Boron Plated

feederic

I just picked up my BarSto built 2011 from a local plater for a nickel boron plating. The finish came out flawless! The color is gorgeous too! I am not sure if anybody built models and used testors paint, but it reminds me of their stainless steel (which looks nothing like real stainless steel, to me anyways). And did I mention, it is smoooooooth :) I'll post up some pics tomorrow!

I am not sure why I didn't think it could be coated! Brain fart on my end. But there is a guy local to me I am talking to that does fantastic duracoat jobs with 24 hour turn around times. I will probably go black on the magwell and grip.

Looks good!

I am thinking about sending my Trojan into CCR for his CPII finish which is some variant of a nickle boron once I am sure it is a keeper (and I get the bluing all scratched up.)

I have something similar on my Glock 19 and it makes it a lot nicer to clean.

Looks good!

I am thinking about sending my Trojan into CCR for his CPII finish which is some variant of a nickle boron once I am sure it is a keeper (and I get the bluing all scratched up.)

It should come out gorgeous! Do you plan on running it with or without lube? I think I'm going to run mine dry.

Eh they say it will run with out lube.. I ran my Glock 19 without lube once just to see what would happen.

Not so much. It ran I think a mag and started having issues. It however does not need much at all, and is super easy to clean just a wipe down really.

Looks good!

Do you have a link for CCR? I can never quite google it, if it exists.

Eh they say it will run with out lube.. I ran my Glock 19 without lube once just to see what would happen.

Not so much. It ran I think a mag and started having issues. It however does not need much at all, and is super easy to clean just a wipe down really.

Lube that thing up anyway, no reason not to.

Good to note.

I have about 500 rounds through it in a couple of range sessions. So far so good! I used some CLP on the bearing surfaces. No surprises, other than I can wipe all the smoke from the muzzle blast on the end of the dust cover off with a paper towel.

Copious amounts of envy. Nice shooter.

It was my graduation / promotion gift to myself :)

1500 rounds through it, smooth as can be. Powder does still stick to it but it comes off easily. The finish itself is showing burnishing my hard chrome STI has also.