Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

opinion on the factory SRT triggers

blaster113

I've had the factory enhancement and srt done on a 220 for around $250 and had grayguns do their top competition work on a west german 226 (I think around $400). The 226 has way smoother double action pull and it's probably lighter due to a change to the leverage. Less creep in the single action and probably lighter pull there too. It depends on the thickness of your wallet and wether you will compete with the weapon. I think the grayguns trigger makes trigger go further to the front of the gun (read longer reach and I could be wrong so ask them).

My 226 is ready for the games but I second guess wether I should have gotten the heavier x5 allround instead. I was in a hurry to find out what grayguns can do for a sig and a used 226 fit my budget better than a new allround that may have extractor problems. My x5 comp in .40 is my best made pistol so far. The quality in a nice gun is fun to admire. I don't know about the x5 allround trigger if its top notch or not but my single action x5 is very good.

If you send your gun in it won't hurt to include a note asking to return unused parts to you. Sig did this for my 220. I got my hammer, sear and safety lever back I think and might be able to use the parts some day.

I read a couple of posts that raised issues with the SRT parts. I'm going to have some trigger work done later but it wont be a full competition package, at least for now. my primary competition guns are Limited/Open STI's; the SIG will be more of a toy for me :) to dabble in Production once in a while for variety.

I have SRT kits in 4 SIG frames, including an X-5. I couldn't mix the non-SRT guns with the SRT guns. For IDPA games, I like the SRT parts, but I am fairly new to the game so the SRT parts may just be a crutch that I won't need 5 years from now.

Each time I have tried to go back to non-SRT, one trip to the range and the SRT parts went back in, even for a carry gun.

Joe

I have 2 Factory SRT's. They perform well but my Graygun action job is way better. If you follow the guys on Sig Forum you will see that the SRT changes or alters the safety mechanism some how. The Graygun package doesn't change it. You can buy SRT parts if your willing to look but if you want a great DA/SA I would invest with GG.

Yep, I sent the standard parts in with the SRT parts on my X-5 to Gray Guns so they could use whichever ones they wanted for a trigger job, just for that reason. If I like the Gray Guns results, I will have to send in 3 more for the same modifications, LOL.

Joe

You can never go wrong with sending your gun in to Bruce Gray. He is a gentleman and really understands the mechanics of the Sig, along with many other firearms. Right now I do not think the wait is too long for the "standard" Sig treatment.

I just sent in the money order for my new (slightly used) P226. Gun has a standard trigger. Going to change the sights to the Dawson/Warren combo and play with springs soon as soon as I get it. After I run it in a few matches I'll decide how much I want to invest in it. Gun will most likely go to Grayguns for their Action Cleanup package.

My (at least) 3 year-old Sig P-226 Elite/stainless came with a SRT, and I like it just fine. I find it interesting that as some have said, Sig would deliberately install something on their guns that would compromise or disable a factory safety. I wonder if their lawyers know this? :huh: