Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extension tube round count question for tactical

Txkid

I think someone already answered this question but I wasn’t able to find a good answer.

I am building a Benelli M2 and next thing I need to get is the extension tube and cant come up what to get, so what is the best round count to add to the guns and Advantages vs. Disadvantages if any

Please help me I’m a newbie and thanks in advance :)

A Nordic +5 will come in with 8 rounds in the tube and match a 21 barrel closely. A Nordic +6 will hold 9 rounds and will match a 24 barrel closely.

Some matches require only 8 in the tube but others do not. Have you checked with local clubs and what kind of 3G matches they hold and the rules are?

I think someone already answered this question but I wasn't able to find a good answer.

I am building a Benelli M2 and next thing I need to get is the extension tube and cant come up what to get, so what is the best round count to add to the guns and Advantages vs. Disadvantages if any

Please help me I'm a newbie and thanks in advance :)

I personally run with the plus 7. I find it gives a lot of flexibility to stage/reload planning. A lot of people base their tube length off of their barrel length but I don't mind the tube extending a couple of inches longer.

Your tube can always hold more... some matches just don't allow you to fill it, and that's on you during the match.. make a mistake and you go to open. You can always add a plug to limit it to 8+1

Personally - I like the longer tube, I have a 24" barrel, and my tube sticks out about 2" past... for the situations that allow it, it's very nice.. the couple inches in total length has never bothered/interfered with me even in very tight quarters

Thanks guys i check with my local matches and it looks like no limitation on Mag length.

so i guess i can go with the +7 and be done with it and when needed just add a plug.

Thanks guys i check with my local matches and it looks like no limitation on Mag length.

so i guess i can go with the +7 and be done with it and when needed just add a plug.

One downside to having a longer tube on your shotgun is when you go to dump them in a barrel, there's more of a chance of bending/breaking it. I don't like mine extending out past the barrel so if you know your local matches will only require 8 loaded, then stick with the +5 or +6, depending barrel length.

One downside to having a longer tube on your shotgun is when you go to dump them in a barrel, there's more of a chance of bending/breaking it. I don't like mine extending out past the barrel so if you know your local matches will only require 8 loaded, then stick with the +5 or +6, depending barrel length.

or for a different view.. better to ding up the mag tube.. then get junk/mud in the barrel

or for a different view.. better to ding up the mag tube.. then get junk/mud in the barrel

Very true. A Nordic Extension is around $70 or so, while a new Benelli Barrel is $400 plus.

Pat

Hmmm……. Good points I never thought about Mud, Barrel & Tube damage good thing I asked experts. :bow:

I guess it might be good to stick to a tube that is a little longer than the barrel and if it bends just get the replacement tube form Nordic for $34.95 great insurance for the barrel.

I would guess with a barrel clamp near the end of the barrel/tube, you would be hard pressed to "bend" either the tube or barrel when dumping the gun.

The chances of damaging the tip of the barrel/choke/choke tube/extended choke tube is more likely than damaging the cap on a Nordic mag tube. The barrel tip/chokes are pretty thin and open on the end compared to the mag tube cap.

So I'm thinking I would rather have the mag tube take the hit when dumping the gun.

Room for 10 in the tube is good, 12 is better in my book.

David E.

And beside all that I copy the winners.

Horner2.JPG

I would guess with a barrel clamp near the end of the barrel/tube, you would be hard pressed to "bend" either the tube or barrel when dumping the gun.

The chances of damaging the tip of the barrel/choke/choke tube/extended choke tube is more likely than damaging the cap on a Nordic mag tube. The barrel tip/chokes are pretty thin and open on the end compared to the mag tube cap.

So I'm thinking I would rather have the mag tube take the hit when dumping the gun.

Room for 10 in the tube is good, 12 is better in my book.

David E.

And beside all that I copy the winners.

Horner2.JPG

personally i think it looks cool too!

Not only that, but with a real long tube, when you do a barrel dump, a lot of the gun is out of the barrel, and it doesn't take much for the gun to fall out! :surprise:

I think the more ammo I can fit in the gun, the better! :roflol:

True, but you are going to find out that most matches, even outlaw matches, limit the round count for Limited/Tac Ops/etc. for the whole match or on many stages...

For non USPSA matches, that's usually only 'At the Buzzer'.. then you can do what you want, and load it up.. sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't

True, but you are going to find out that most matches, even outlaw matches, limit the round count for Limited/Tac Ops/etc. for the whole match or on many stages...

For non USPSA matches, that's usually only 'At the Buzzer'.. then you can do what you want, and load it up.. sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't

for USPSA what is the max load, 8?