Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is YOUR measurement with a CZ SP01 Shadow

GrumpyOne

I was just checking to make sure I.was legal per appendix E2....I measured mine just a few minutes ago and it was 2-3/8"..... Not legal....just wondering what the measurements are for everyone else, and how to make this legal. Been using it for quite a while, and no one has said anything about it, but......

I have the SP01, not the Shadow, but mine was about the same, little over 2", with the DOH. I ended up cramming two washers in the bottom hole where the holster attaches to the DOH piece. It angles the holster just enough to be 2" on the nose. Not wild about that fix, so I'm exploring other options.

Get rid of the DO.....

I don't run one. I don't see the need to run one. It allows me to get a better grip on my gun being up higher. Then again I'm different and what do I know.:devil:

Yep, that sounds right to me.

Plus a few years of IDPA just formed that muscle memory to go to the belt. I can't find the gun in a DOH. :blink:

Get rid of the DO.....

Problem for me is, after the screws came loose at a match a year ago, I blue loctited them. When I turn the screws, the end nut just turns round and round. There is no way to get a grip on them.

Any ideas how to get them out? Short of ruining the holster or the DOH, I'm kind of stuck.

Hello: You can use a hair dryer to heat the nuts up to lossen the Loc-Tite. If that does not work use a Dremel with a cutting blade to put slots in the nuts then use a right angled flat headed screwdriver to hold them while you lossen the screw. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Hello: You can use a hair dryer to heat the nuts up to lossen the Loc-Tite. If that does not work use a Dremel with a cutting blade to put slots in the nuts then use a right angled flat headed screwdriver to hold them while you lossen the screw. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

I tried heating them up...the screws and nuts just laughed at me. I used the dremel/cutting blade. That finally did it. Managed to not ruin the holster in the process.

I've now got my buddy's old Bladetech DOH adaptor, which is not as wide as the one I had. So now I'm back to just under 2", without the washers. Going to have to do a lot of dry firing though, as there is less cant, and the butt is definitely closer.

Sorry for the slight thread drift Grumpy.

I don't think it's just the CZs that have this problem... Here's my thinking, the rulebook says 2" from the inside of the belt but it doesn't explicitly state the measurement should be taken at the top or the bottom of the belt. I suspect most if not all DOH are compliant if measured from the bottom edge (where the pistol is closer to the body). It's splitting hairs of course, but for what it's worth I think the holster is fine for Prod and SS despite the ambiguity of where the measurement should be taken.

For me, I switched to on the belt holsters from CompTac. I'm with Corey and think the higher grip is better. No more DOH for me, ever.