Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

poor grip fit help.

joedodge

Hello all just got a set of hogue big but wood grips awsome grips but the fit is a lil off the tighten up nice and tight but there is gap where it doesnt fit flush against the back of the frame at the exposed back strap and is a little chipped at the bottom there the grips are awsome and work great just curious if anyone else has seen this.

• 5 months later...

Ahoy Joe,

I have the same fit on my N frames with both the wood and rubber big butts. Since I have neuropathy in the hands and use golf gloves to shoot I don't feel it. I suspect the fit has more to do with the grip angle than poor workmanship. I'd like to think a company with Hogue's knowledge and experience could get a better fit if that was the issue. FWIW I'm more consistent with a lower grip than a high one but it's tough to manage recoil that way as the hand doesn't like to stay low. I may use a Trausch grip at the Fla State match. I guess I should just carve my own.

BTW, I can't get that hot shot 45 ACP Mountain Gun to play right so I'll be bringing my 625PC with a Randy Lee trigger. Hard to beat the classic's. :cheers:

Ahoy BBoyd,

I had the same issue. All that was necessary was a bit of trimming with a razor knife on the lower rear backstrap portion of the internal grip molding. Now fits like a glove. It works well but still not my grail for stocks or would you call them grips? :wacko:

Ahoy BBoyd,

I had the same issue. All that was necessary was a bit of trimming with a razor knife on the lower rear backstrap portion of the internal grip molding. Now fits like a glove. It works well but still not my grail for stocks or would you call them grips? :wacko:

thanks Buckaroo, I'll revisit my disappointment. it is a nice grip if I can get it fiited right.

Hello all just got a set of hogue big but wood grips awsome grips but the fit is a lil off the tighten up nice and tight but there is gap where it doesnt fit flush against the back of the frame at the exposed back strap and is a little chipped at the bottom there the grips are awsome and work great just curious if anyone else has seen this.

From past experience,if you contact Hogue, they are very helpful.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

FWIW I have 3 Hogue Big Butts, 1 wood and 2 rubber, and they all have the same quirk. Still think it has more to do with grip angle than anything else. Mebbe Hogue could answer this for us. Anybody from Hogue willing to make a comment?

Ooops! Sorry if I crossed a line. Didn't mean it as a complaint. Never said it was a problem for me. I just wondered out loud if we could all get an answer to this as it seems to be present on about all round to square N frame conversion stocks / grips I've ever bought or seen. I still bet it has to do with changing the grip angle and that little sliver of material to fill the notch being too fragile. Several inquireing minds just wanted to know the why.

I'll shut up now.