Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case feeder tube fabrication - need ideas

I am building a rotating case feeder mount, to feed a 1050 and a CasePro.

The Dillon tube is too short in this application.

The factory tube appears to be custom made, with .725 OD and 3/8" ID. I read a mention of food-grade plastic somewhere here.

Have you fabricated your own case feeder tube? What did you use, and where did you get it?

I looked through 5 years worth of threads, both here and on StarReloaders, but have not seen any applicable advise.

TIA,

LT

I have used the tubes that come with Lee feeders and PVC but why not have your mounting location such that you can use the same tube on both. With the 1050 mount you can't simply rotate the casefeeder unless you chop off the end of the post and weld round tube to it. So why not just make another tube to the correct height to use the dillon collator and tube?

Like this.

DSC02028-1.jpg

I have used the tubes that come with Lee feeders and PVC but why not have your mounting location such that you can use the same tube on both. With the 1050 mount you can't simply rotate the casefeeder unless you chop off the end of the post and weld round tube to it. So why not just make another tube to the correct height to use the dillon collator and tube?

JMorris - My limitation here is the lack of space. So, I mounted the CasePro at a 90° angle to the 1050, so that the casefeeder can be rotated quarter-turn on the square post and will then be directly over the CasePro intake. All I need is a clear plastic tube to connect the two.

I may get a 3/4" OD - 5x8" ID tube, and then turn the bottom portion on a lathe so it matches the Dillon casefeed adapter.

P.S. The pictures of your ingenious fabrications have inspired some of my reloading improvements - I'm working on automating the CasePro. Thanks!

This may seem like the obvious, but... :blink:

Why not just get another case feeder?

just being inquisitive

jj

I'd love to get another, but the lack of space forces me into the creative solutions mode. As I can only perform one operation at a time, I'm hopeful that one casefeeder can supply both of my brass-prep machines.

Edited by Linear Thinker

Might consider putting a block under the casepro to raise its height so that the tube is the right length... That has worked well for me (my 650 shares a feeder with a casepro).

Yep, that's my temporary workaround. I found a particulartly thick Jean Auel book, and propped up the 1050 with the casefeeder with it.

The CasePro is bolted to the bench, the setup will have to last until I get a 4' plastic tube which I ordered.

Thanks to all for your advise!