Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Pro Tec 2

HotLoad

Does anyone have or has used a CZ custom shop pro tec 2? I would like to add a DA/SA carry gun to my collection. It's a little pricey but does seem nice. Would like to get some opinions before spending the cash as I will not be able to handle it first.

Haven't had a chance to shoot one, but having seen a bunch of the trigger work coming out of the Custom Shop, the action on this gun ought to be smooth and reliable.

It has good sights milled in and they have done a bunch of frame work. dehorning, reshaping the front of the slide and cutting off the rib and tri-topping the it.

On a CZ this is pretty tough as the metal is hard and eats up carbide pretty fast.

THe Pro Tek series looks pretty trick.

I do not own one but have handled one at CZ Custom many times. The trigger is very nice but the way it fits and feels in your hands is even better then any 75 variant, CTS, etc because of all the dehorning and contouring. It will probably be the next CZ I purchase.

I've been lusting for one as well, but I wanted to call them up and ask about a SAO variant.

edit: they also had a longslide variant that they were selling for a little while. I'd really prefer a longer barrel.

Edited by kuffs

Carbon9 that is a glowing recommendation. How is the size of the pistol in comparison to a compact M&P 9. I am not a big guy and the M&P is about as big as I can get away with on my hip.

I am not sure about the size in comparison to a compact m&p as I have only owned(past tense, probably the shortest length of time i have owned a gun) a m&p pro. I think the m&p compact may have slightly smaller height and length measurements but the Pro-Tek II is sleeker and probably thinner which means more to me (i'm not a very big guy either). Plus, the PTII won't hang up on anything when drawn, it is SMOOTH. It is probably the only carry gun I would willingly/happily compete with as it feels that good to hold and points just like your other CZs.

I've kept my eyes open for one of these in 4 local shops..... My gut tells me it's just not gonna happen. The smoothing looks amazing. Never held one but boy do I want to. Someone out there has to have one, although the price is pretty steep so maybe not a whole lot of people picking these over lower priced carry options.

A minature smoothed out SP01 is what it looks like to me. What an awesome carry pistol. I'd be willing to buy one sight unseen.... If only I had the cash!

If you are posting about it..... you've probably already purchased it in your mind Lol just do it...

I know I want one...

I bet many others here do too....

Be the cool guy with one...

Drink the kool aid, it's delicious..

Then ship it Tooooooooo meeeeeeeeeeeee....

I will test it for you.....

When you wake you will do this and not remember why....

My attempt at hypnotizing you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well have handled several, but yet to shoot one.

guns are pretty cool. Shop is doing the green version and an all black version.

P01s and PCRs are stripped apart and slides are taken to be milled and refinished. sight cut is made for lo mount tritium night sight. slide is flatted topped and surface ground to be true.

the slide cuts actually lower the sight plane bringing it closer to the barrel. the front of slide is narrowed for easy reholstering.

internals are polished and fitted and trigger job done using CZC comp hammer. Comp hammer is recut.

frames are stripped and dehorned, small parts are dehorned and grips are fitted and blended to the frame. then parts are refinished.

Triggers are nice. DA is smooth and SA is crisp. DA is in the 8# range, SA is in the 3.5#-4# range.

eerw

I carry a M&Pc now and would like to add a DA/SA gun to my carry collection. I am a little concerned with the size of the cz protec gun. According to the companies respective websites the cz is slightly larger. I am 6', 155 and I would think that it would be hard and uncomfortable to carry much bigger than the M&P. Any thoughts would be appreciated as the cz custom gun is not cheap.

Thanks Jeff

eerw

I carry a M&Pc now and would like to add a DA/SA gun to my carry collection. I am a little concerned with the size of the cz protec gun. According to the companies respective websites the cz is slightly larger. I am 6', 155 and I would think that it would be hard and uncomfortable to carry much bigger than the M&P. Any thoughts would be appreciated as the cz custom gun is not cheap.

Thanks Jeff

I have no experience with the Pro Tec, but I am a virtually identical build and have no issue carrying larger guns. With a good holster, you can adapt to a wide variety of pistols.

eerw

Thanks Jeff

I have no experience with the Pro Tec, but I am a virtually identical build and have no issue carrying larger guns. With a good holster, you can adapt to a wide variety of pistols.

These days a longer barrel, if you don't want a much bigger gun, seems most crucial for a carry gun. Just for an example, NOT talking current events, a 2-3.5" barrel is really gonna suck in a large space/room/theater at distance with only a cantaloupe sized target available to you. So long as you don't have a light or laser module mounted under the barrel the extra length is really no bigger deal to carry than what you already do. You can thank/blame Angus for making me rethink the carry gun. ......but it makes sense :ph34r: