Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which for limited? G24, P16 or Stock II

Ok guys I'm getting so confused here. I have a G24 set up for limited, a P16 that is coming from FGW, and a Stock II. I have limited holsters and belts and mag pouches for all but I can not make up my mind on which I should shoot for 2012? Any tips or advice?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm in the same conundrum, although I don't own all of those pistols yet. One of my "to-do's" for 2012 is to get to some (more) USPSA matches. They're a bit more scarce around here than IDPA.

At any rate, I could go single stack 1911 but I'm looking at getting a .40 that's got a long enough sight radius for USPSA and can play in limited without being at a disadvantage (and without breaking the bank).

To me your (and my) issue may really be do we like cleaning our gun or shooting it. I have buddies who apparently don't need to clean their Glocks but once every few months. My 1911 runs pretty well most days, but it has to be clean and lubed to run (no 5,000 rounds between cleaning I'm afraid). So I'm leaning in the plastic gun direction for a .40, but I don't like Glocks (they just don't fit me well). So it's M&P or XD, I suppose.

So, not an exact parallel, but I think in your case I'd go in the direction of G24.

Edited by toddje