Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost stinger

Smo11

Anybody out there using a ghost stinger holster shooting a glock with aftermarket front sights

I'm having a problem with my Dawson front sight catchin the sight channel anybody else have this problem and what did you do to correct the problem

Thanks

Anybody out there using a ghost stinger holster shooting a glock with aftermarket front sights

I'm having a problem with my Dawson front sight catching the sight channel anybody else have this problem and what did you do to correct the problem

Thanks

I am using one right now, I am running a G22 "Limited Build" and have found it needs a lot of modifications in order to get it to work with my extended mag release and positioning. I have Dawson Fiber front .215 and it does the same thing. I have sanded and filed the sight channel as much as possible and it still rubs on occasion, I have also had to cut away to make room for my mag release. I also had to heat up the holster to make some adjustments to the retention around the muzzle which was really tight. I like the idea they have for mounting and adjustability, but I had to make shims to bring the grip a little closer to the body and get it to the way I like it. I will probably go back to CR Speed or break down and buy a Ghost Ultimate. I am not really impressed with the holster itself, they could have done better in material and manufacturing. But do find the mount and carrier idea a good design that needs a little more upgrading. I hope you find this helpful.

I'm having a problem with my Dawson front sight catching the sight channel anybody else have this problem and what did you do to correct the problem

Thanks

I am using one right now, I am running a G22 "Limited Build" and have found it needs a lot of modifications in order to get it to work with my extended mag release and positioning. I have Dawson Fiber front .215 and it does the same thing. I have sanded and filed the sight channel as much as possible and it still rubs on occasion, I have also had to cut away to make room for my mag release. I also had to heat up the holster to make some adjustments to the retention around the muzzle which was really tight. I like the idea they have for mounting and adjustability, but I had to make shims to bring the grip a little closer to the body and get it to the way I like it. I will probably go back to CR Speed or break down and buy a Ghost Ultimate. I am not really impressed with the holster itself, they could have done better in material and manufacturing. But do find the mount and carrier idea a good design that needs a little more upgrading. I hope you find this helpful.

I do find it helpful now I know that somebody else has sanded and filed the sight channel i will do the same on mine it doesnt look like there is much material to remove I have the Dawson black serrated .215 tall front sight. Thanks

I wish they would just sell the bracket so I can mount my bladetech on the rig

get Tim Allen on it! My wife said the same exact thing for her rig.....so let me know how it works, what sizes/dimensions, etc....lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Im using one for my g17. Need to dremel the holster for the extended mag release. sights i have no problem. im using truglo. retention wise, i installed small washer as spacer in between the screw that holds the holster.

• 1 month later...

I got my first dq today from a ghost stinger holster

I thought I had filed the channel enough so my front sight would not catch any more but every once in a while if I didn't come exactly straight out of the holster it would catch and while shooting steel match this morning the front sight had dug in to the sight channel while drawing and it ended up causing me to toss the gun on the ground in front of me.

So I was at home after the match trying to figure out how to make the holster work so I used a heat gun to heat up the lower portion of the sight channel and then used a screwdriver about the same diameter of the sight channel and flared out the sight channel with the screwdriver and now I can't get my front sight to catch at all

They now came up with the deeper channel for Glocks with aftermarket front sights, we already have some here available in the Philippines. But I'm sticking with my Bladetech Black Ice DOH :)

I really want to try one of these. I hope the updated ones are in the states soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, got a Ghost Stinger. Website says they are legal for Single Stack so I was excited.

Holster arrived and it does NOT carry ANY of the front strap above the top of the belt, let alone all of the front strap. <_< $100. :( I am pissed off. :angry2: But I sent a very cordial email to the company basically asking what gives. :rolleyes: I explained the problem and quoted them the rule.

Here is the text of my email, verbatim.

Hi. I received the holster. Thank you. It is quite nice.

Unfortunately, the holster does not conform to Single Stack rules as your website advertises that it does.

Also, in looking at the aluminum hanger on the holster, it does not appear that the holster can be adjusted to comply with the rules.

The problem is that the holster does not meet the requirements of Appendix D5 -- Single Stack, line item 20. Here is a link.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

That rule requires that the holster "Must carry pistol so that the entire front

strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt."

The holster as I received it carries the entire front strap of the pistol BELOW the top of the belt. There does not seem to be any way to raise the holster on the hanger due to the mounting hole spacing.

In short, I fear I have just wasted $100 U.S. currency on a holster I cannot use.

Please advise what I should do here as I am not satisfied with this situation.

-- Bart Hightower

We shall see the response I get.

Okay, spoke with Dino. We will sort it out. Apparently he did not know about the top of belt rule in USPSA SS Division. I am going to keep the holster while he sorts out a fix, most likely a longer blue aluminum hanger that I can just swap out and use.

I like the rig and I want it to work so I will wait. Very nice guy, btw. That also makes me willing to wait. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I would have read this post about 3 weeks ago I took a stinger holster to the single stack nats about halfway through my match I got bumped to open class because it was to low. no response from CZ customs yet. It would be nice if they would drop there add from front sight magazine stating it was for single stack

I wish I would have read this post about 3 weeks ago I took a stinger holster to the single stack nats about halfway through my match I got bumped to open class because it was to low. no response from CZ customs yet. It would be nice if they would drop there add from front sight magazine stating it was for single stack

So your one of the 9 persons that got bumped to open division