Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IOR Valdada

Kasteel

I've been impressed by the offerings of IOR in the last few years--especially in the lower power ranges like 1.5-8x and 2-12x.

As I understand it, IOR glass has always been top notch (Schott out of Germany??) but in the past there have been issues with the internals of their scopes. I also hear that IOR has made some big improvement of late. Well, since it would be nice to be able to pick up a good optic used, so it would also be nice to know when IOR took a step up.

I'd like to get some people's personal experience with IOR. Of course reliable hearsay is welcome as well!

I've been impressed by the offerings of IOR in the last few years--especially in the lower power ranges like 1.5-8x and 2-12x.

As I understand it, IOR glass has always been top notch (Schott out of Germany??) but in the past there have been issues with the internals of their scopes. I also hear that IOR has made some big improvement of late. Well, since it would be nice to be able to pick up a good optic used, so it would also be nice to know when IOR took a step up.

I'd like to get some people's personal experience with IOR. Of course reliable hearsay is welcome as well!

I have 2 1x4s now and have had a 1.5x8. They are great scopes from a great company.

I really like my IOR but IMHO a 1.5x can be hard to get use to. Check one out before you buy if you can. I have shot about 2000 rounds so far without any problems, holds zero fine and glass is bright. Zoom ring is a little stiff and there is not a cattail available so I make one out of Kydex.

khg013.jpg

khg011.jpg

You might check with Travis at MGM.. he may have a cattail you can use.. When I talked to him, he said there (paraphrasing) inconsistencies in the scopes, so it's not 100% the cattail would work. But it fit mine fine.

I did have to send my first 1.1-4 back.. something was rattling around in there. No issues since. That was probably 2-3 years ago?

I bought a used 1.1-4x a few years ago. Love the reticle, I wish all scopes had it. Glass is clear. I had been warned it had been to the factory for repair, but it worked fine for a while. Then, something went wrong and it loses zero...on every shot. So I guess another trip to the factory, not sure it is worth the expense.

I bought a used 1.1-4x a few years ago. Love the reticle, I wish all scopes had it. Glass is clear. I had been warned it had been to the factory for repair, but it worked fine for a while. Then, something went wrong and it loses zero...on every shot. So I guess another trip to the factory, not sure it is worth the expense.

Any idea when the scope was manufactured?

3+ years ago, probably 4-5.

i have an IOR 1.1-4X, a 1.5-8X, and a 3-18X. all are great. the 1.1-4X is an older scope but has performed very well. i have it on a .223 carbine that i use for NRA tactical matches. the 1.5-8X is on my .308 for multi gun and the 3-18X is on a bolt gun for my newly acquired habit of precision shooting. i highly recommend them. they are heavy, tho. they are high quality for the price.