Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS New BULLET FEEDER

I was wacthing one of the Midway shooting shows that had gone to the 2012 shot show in LV , they stoped the RCBS display to talk about the new bullet RCBS is coming out with . The feeder is a die with platic tube you can load any type of bullet must like the LEE case or bullet feeder looks like. RCBS has the feeder up on their web site for about $36 .

RCBS tech said not to load too many in a vertical plastic tube. The weight can cause feeding issues. With the collator alot of the extra bullets are held in the flexible tubing thus taking off the extra weight. Just reporting. ;)

Not sure how much it would speed up loading since it only holds 20-25 but might save the fingers for when you try to get speedy.

I just got the hornady bullet feeder system going on my L&L AP it speeds up my reloading a lot. I bought a bunch of the .5" by 3' tubes from linen and things and load them while watching TV. Then I just have to switch out tubes and pull the cotter pin on end and waay I go for another 50 rounds.

Edited by noexcuses

Not sure how much it would speed up loading since it only holds 20-25 but might save the fingers for when you try to get speedy.

I just got the hornady bullet feeder system going on my L&L AP it speeds up my reloading a lot. I bought a bunch of the .5" by 3' tubes from linen and things and load them while watching TV. Then I just have to switch out tubes and pull the cotter pin on end and waay I go for another 50 rounds.

I just got done doing the same thing with my 650....

bd353dc9.jpg

dad75882.jpg

I just got done doing the same thing with my 650....

bd353dc9.jpg

dad75882.jpg

I did this awhile back and it has worked flawless for over 1,000 rounds now.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with RCBS on this same issue. The adapter is used with their bullet feeder unit. What you need are the new tube bullet feed dies. Each one comes for a different caliber. RCBS gets 35.95. There is a small piece for each caliper that doesnt come with the adapter. Small but needed. The tube dies work on most 7/8x14 threaded presses.