Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 magazine capacity increase?

59Bassman

My 75 Shadow does double duty as my Production gun, a SSP gun, and a 3 gun pistol. I've discovered that my Mec-Gar AFC's with +2's are too big to fit the box, so I've ordered a small stack of Mec-Gar's without the +2's to use for USPSA and IDPA.

But I've been dumb enough to register for the Rockcastle Pro-Am, and I'm wondering if I can configure my mags for a couple more rounds at start. I like the Mec Gars, and they have worked extremely well. However, I'm wondering if there are other combos that will give me more than 19 rounds.

I took the Grams spring and follower out of one of my CTS mags, and I was able to get 20 in a CZ factory 18 rounder with the Grams spring and follower, but I didn't like how the follower sat for the last couple rounds.

Any other thoughts, combos to consider?

I've got a CZCustom extended pad coming, and had a nice chat with Grams engineering today. With any luck at least one of my mags will be 22 or 23 at the start buzzer by next week.

you should be able to get there.

have been able to get some to 23 in mag but they have to be just right.

22 is very doable, haven't been able to get 24 in a mag yet, but I keep trying.

I almost messed up and got the "long" extensiond from CZC. I was getting 24 for sure. One day I actually took a measuring tape to it and opps.....I was over 140mm. I have since ordered the shorted ones....They should be in today. I have grams in there as well. I hope to get 23....

Perhaps someone with a good overall perspective could reintegrate the above information. I am using the Mec Gar AFRs and would like to have at least one mag that is 20+ cap.

are your running the Mecgar +2 pad also? just order up a grams kit. that should add 1 or 2 rounds right there.

So far, I ordered a Grams kit (call them, they know what you need for a CZ 75). Last night I put that kit into one of my Mec-Gar AFC mags with a +2 base. Normal capacity for the mag is 19. With the Grams kit, the mag easily fit 21. I'm hoping the longer base pad gets me 2 more.

Any links or sites to look these kits over?

Anyone have picks of this equipment?

Went to a few and did not see much if anything.

Thanks for any info.

Just call up Bevin grams google grams engineering