Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

Larry,

I shoot tactical optics.

I have a forward folding grip that I use on tables and prone position.

It is not touching the table or the ground when I shoot. My hand is under it.

I fold it to the up position when not in use.

Can I use it in your match?

Thanks

Sorry my friend but that would be considered a supporting device.

5.3.4.3 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.

Now allow me to explain. That provides an extension on the forend to allow you to put your hand under it on the ground while shooting off hand prone. For this reason it would be considered a supporting device and not permitted in any division except open.

You could leave it on the stowed position and not have an issue, it would be similar to the Magpul angled grip. However once deployed and used with your hand under it, then you would be moved to the open division.

Hope that clears the air.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry,

I shoot tactical optics.

Thanks

Now allow me to explain. That provides an extension on the forend to allow you to put your hand under it on the ground while shooting off hand prone. For this reason it would be considered a supporting device and not permitted in any division except open.

You could leave it on the stowed position and not have an issue, it would be similar to the Magpul angled grip. However once deployed and used with your hand under it, then you would be moved to the open division.

Larry

Dave,

It looks like Larry is saying what you already know, and the rest of us will find out. "It sucks to get old."

See you in W.V. my friend.

Larry,

I shoot tactical optics.

Thanks

Larry

Dave,

It looks like Larry is saying what you already know, and the rest of us will find out. "It sucks to get old."

See you in W.V. my friend.

Golden years my ass!!!

Look forward to seeing you Dan.

Larry,

I shoot tactical optics.

Thanks

Larry

Yup.

They did not look that big in the videos from last year, you wouldn't b.s. a guy would you Jesse?

No way! They are 10" tall but only 4" wide. MGM sells them. They also had some of those huge 4-6" circular plates too.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Handgun targets may be as close as 3 yards and as far away as 40 yards. Depends how you shoot the course of fire and depends upon the target. I love suspense.

Well shooters.....I just completed a walk of the range and well I came up with a few new twists of sort. Be prepared for rifle targets as close as 7 yards (paper) to (I found a hole to shoot through) 425 yards. All stages will maximize choices and yes you can shoot up to 2 guns on a stage or all three guns if you want. I would ensure you can hit a 6" plate freehand at 50 yards with a rifle and a 12" circle at 40 yards with a handgun. Oh yea, shotgun slugs to 75 yards and if a bird flys or a rabbit runs, you might see it on a stage. Just saying be prepared for everything. :devil:

Edited by sbmd

Larry,

Since you are being so forthcoming with things, what type of targets are you using for long range? In particular targets over 250ish.

Matt

Somewhere between the size of a mousetrap to the size of a barn door! :roflol: Do you honestly think I was actually going to tell you what the target size was. If yourgun holds sub MOA the gun will do fine, now the question remains can you hold sub MOA.....that will be the deciding factor!

Larry,

Since you are being so forthcoming with things, what type of targets are you using for long range? In particular targets over 250ish.

Matt

And what is the penalty for not hitting them?

STIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, even stiffer for not engaging, so no gaming there Mr. Mayor, I saw your video, GAMMER!

Hey everyone - Tommy Thacker is putting on a a great 2 day advanced 3 gun training class on Sept 7th & 8th at Peacemaker National. Registration is now open. Please visit the Peacemaker national . com homepage to register. The site will not let us post the link. sorry....

thats not good :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

I am signed up to shoot in tactical limited, and want to know if this "easyloader" is allowed on a remington 1100. It's manufactured by Dave's Metal Works an helps the carrier gate open for loading, since the 1100 is locked until the button is pressed.

Any advice?

I am signed up to shoot in tactical limited, and want to know if this "easyloader" is allowed on a remington 1100. It's manufactured by Dave's Metal Works an helps the carrier gate open for loading, since the 1100 is locked until the button is pressed.

Any advice?

I've NEVER seen an EZ Load gate not allowed in any division. You're good to go.

Two questions.

Are vertical grips allowed on a shotgun?

If the shotgun or rifle is slung, does it break the 180 if you bring it off your back to shoulder and fire it? I assume we are still observing the 180 rule even with an slung empty rifle or shotgun?

Vertical grip is allowed on a shotgun in Tactical Division however if you use it as a supporting device, you will be moved to Open. I suggest not having it on there and there will be no temptation.

Any advice?

EZ Loader on an 1100 is good to go in the tactical divisions.

Larry

Any advice?

Thanks for the advice. I'm really looking forward to this....

Is there somewere we can ship ammo to? I made all oter arrangements but forgot about ammo.

Mike

Mike, Larry may have something in mind but if not you can ship to me and I'll see you get it.

Howard Thompson

53 N Main St.

Stewartstown PA 17363

Howard Thompson

FNH Championship Assistant Match Director