Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick question about Jager polymer guide rod

HS101

I actually lost a screw since it popped out while I was shooting, so I asked Billy at Jager for a spare.

Now, I just rack the slide and remove the screw before shooting just to be sure. I don't suggest using loctite since you want to replace the spring anyway every few thousand rounds, and that'll be a lot harder to do if you use loctite.

Thanks for the reply's...

I am slowly working my way into IDPA, and it had been so long since I had used the stock recoil rod and spring, I forgot how much it made the nose of the gun dive after each shot. I use a steel guiderod w/ a 13# spring in production, but that set up is not legal for IDPA... I got the Jager guiderod the other day, and just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious. :cheers:

I use a 13# ISMI spring in my G34, but I just popped the cap off a stock guide rod changed the spring, and popped it back on. I have changed it twice and shot a few thousand rounds that way with no issues.

I'm assuming you don't have a Gen4 G34?

I use a 13# ISMI spring in my G34, but I just popped the cap off a stock guide rod changed the spring, and popped it back on. I have changed it twice and shot a few thousand rounds that way with no issues.

I'm assuming you don't have a Gen4 G34?

You are right, I don't. I didn't see any mention by the OP about his gun being a Gen 4 either, am i missing something? I know Gen4 recoil assemblies are different, but those guns are still a minority at this point.