Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Supercomp to 9 Major

texarkana

Alternately you can call EAA and order a new Gold Team upper in 9mm. It would have to be hand-fitted to your frame but a new barrel would have to be hand-fitted to your slide. I think they quoted me $550 or so for the kit, and with that you could convert back and forth as easily as field stripping the gun.

Because of issues with my own Gold Team I asked some questions of EAA, Rich @ Canyon Creek and Henning earlier this week that may be of interest to you. The only apparent source of barrels is EAA, but Gold Team barrels do not come with compensators installed and EAA has not sold compensators as a part since 2005. If you choose to try to change out the barrel and other parts you would presumably also have to worry about getting your existing compensator off of your old barrel and onto your new one.

Mags would almost certainly have to be changed as well but you were probably figuring on that already.

In the rules forum somebody had asked about the legality of a "barrel sleeve". It turns out that a "barrel sleeve" is a hollow cylinder put into the chamber and soldered in so that he could shoot .40 S&W in his 10mm gun. Perhaps something similar could be done for your 38 Supercomp barrel to allow for the short 9mm brass. I don't know how you will deal with the difference between the straightwall 38 SC and the conical 9mm, though.

Back on actually replacing barrels, Henning's site at one point offered other barrels than what is currently listed on the website. Give him a call and see what is actually available.

Perhaps something similar could be done for your 38 Supercomp barrel to allow for the short 9mm brass. I don't know how you will deal with the difference between the straightwall 38 SC and the conical 9mm, though.

You'd have to get the chamber reamed, the base of the 9mm Parabellum is .18mm bigger.

Barrel; then test for extractor and ejector.

I think this is another STI post.

The ejector is the same on all Tanfoglio models.

the ejector is the same....but the pattern is not. Some will eject up into the mount which deflects down back down into the chamber. I had to angle the ejector to send the casings out to the side.

Alternately you can call EAA and order a new Gold Team upper in 9mm. It would have to be hand-fitted to your frame but a new barrel would have to be hand-fitted to your slide. I think they quoted me $550 or so for the kit, and with that you could convert back and forth as easily as field stripping the gun.

Because of issues with my own Gold Team I asked some questions of EAA, Rich @ Canyon Creek and Henning earlier this week that may be of interest to you. The only apparent source of barrels is EAA, but Gold Team barrels do not come with compensators installed and EAA has not sold compensators as a part since 2005. If you choose to try to change out the barrel and other parts you would presumably also have to worry about getting your existing compensator off of your old barrel and onto your new one.

Mags would almost certainly have to be changed as well but you were probably figuring on that already.

A new 2012 EAA Catolog came with the Weaver scope mount i ordered from them. The Gold Team Conversion Kit shows slide, barrel, spring, guide rod, compensator installed? That wouldn't work?

Try and shoot a couple hundred rounds of 9MM Major, then shoot your S/C gun. 38 SuperComp ammo to me just shoots flatter than the 9mm.