Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 115 grain Factory Ammo?

I am looking for the most accurate 9mm 115 ammo for my M&P pro with a KKM barrel. Called KKM they suggested that due to the twist I stick with 115 if possible. This works well with my 160 fronts sight. I due not reload. I know AA&A has the AMU ammo but it is to pricy for me. Looking for something I can buy for up to $285 per 1000. Has anyone done tests at 25 yards off a rest or better yet a ransom rest? what group sizes?

Thanks

In my M&P 9L as far as 115gr factory bullets go I've tried Federal, WWB, Tula, and Remington (the Remingtons were 115gr hollow-points). I actually had the best luck out of the WWB. I found those to be a little more accurate than the Remingtons or Federals (neither of which I had any reliability issues with). The Tula's I had several primers that took a second hit to go off.

FWIW, I will say that if you can get a heavier bullet to perform right, I'd recommend something heavier. Though I'll use them in a pinch or for practice, I've never been that fond of 115gr loads in 9mm. AimSurplus has some 9mm Aguila loads that were accurate and very reliable for me for only $10 for 124grn. Only complaint I'd have on them is that they were loaded a little hot (out of my gun they chrono'd at 151PF).

Edited by MGMorden

i had great results with federal from wally world out of my m&p 9 pro....and was super cheap. not bench rest accuracy but good enough for action shooting, at least until you have enough brass to reload it(which is relatively easy)

115 FMJ should hold about 2.5-3 inches at 25yds for generic ball ammo at the Box Stores.

The 1x32 twist shines with 115 JHPs, and will provide one hole groups out to 25 yds, depending on the shooter.... ;)

50 yd groups with quality hollowpoints are under 2inches for the seasoned shooter for ammo running around 1150-1180 FPS.

My bulk 115FMJ ammo will do about 2inches at 25 yds.

The 147FMJ load shoots really well with the 1x32 twist as well.

It just depends on what type of accuracy you need for the game at hand...

Good luck,

DougC

• 4 weeks later...