Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 9mm Major Powder?

shooter995

I would run 6.8 grains of autocomp @ 1.145 in my 34 open gun with a 124 pd jhp. carver comp and carver mount lone wolf bbl.

always fed and always made major. and always pretty much was not the platform for me. I was NEVER able to get the gun to shoot near as flat or as fast as my trubor. The slide always felt slugish and sloopy.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard HS6, AutoComp, IMR7625, Win248.....what"s your 9mm Major load, & if it's in a Glock even better! Thanks in advance, Andrew

BTW I'm torn on what comp, either Carver Major or SJC Major.

SP 2 in my opinion but as no one mentioned it I guess its not available in the US. Have tried several different powders but nothing comes close to SP 2. Its the flattest and softest shooting major powder I know and also the safest one in case of gas pressure. I used it first with my glock and now with my 2011.

I have heard HS6, AutoComp, IMR7625, Win248.....what"s your 9mm Major load, & if it's in a Glock even better! Thanks in advance, Andrew

SP 2 in my opinion but as no one mentioned it I guess its not available in the US. Have tried several different powders but nothing comes close to SP 2. Its the flattest and softest shooting major powder I know and also the safest one in case of gas pressure. I used it first with my glock and now with my 2011.

SP2 is no longer avaliable in the US... much to the irritation of many of us.

• 5 weeks later...

SP2 is no longer avaliable in the US... much to the irritation of many of us.

Nyah Nyah! I have about 24 pounds of SP2 squirreled away! ;-)

Truly the best powder I ever tested or used in my 9x21 Open guns.

I have been using longshot. This load is built for a Schumann bull barrel .

OAL 1.150

124 gr berry bullet

7.8 grain

Winchester SPM

178 power factor.

Really makes the comp work well

Very clean burning

No pressure signs on the primer.

DVC

I had one of the first 17L Glocks and shot it major until 9MM was outlawed for major. It was most accurate at around 1432fps with a 130gr .38super bullet (.356). That was a PF of 186 ( when PF was 175 for major ) The cartridge was loaded with the bullet as far out as possible with that particular gun. Used small rifle primers and 4756. unfortunately, that was a while back and I don't remember the charge weight. Was loaded on a Dillon 1000 by Tommy Weston, who was Area 4 Director at that time.

9mm was outlawed for major? For what game? Where in the rulebook?

Just curious.

Thanks!