Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Loki 3G rifle?

Deathtrap

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a link to Loki's facebook page that had a pic of the Burnt Bronze Color, facebook is a good way of tracking what Loki is up too, as he finishes custom orders, new colors etc, you will find pics popping up on their page! Go like them if ya haven't already!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363578117002712&set=a.363578050336052.104078.127927477234445&type=3&theater

Heres a pic of a Loki DMR with and Ergo F93 that Erik built for my buddy, he had it done in OD green, turned out awesome, the fail zero coating is amazing stuff on the internals as well! That's a second pic of my blue titanium rifle, taken before I had even seen it!

389381_328835940476930_127927477234445_1344336_1311553696_n.jpg

Heres a link to Loki's facebook page that had a pic of the Burnt Bronze Color, facebook is a good way of tracking what Loki is up too, as he finishes custom orders, new colors etc, you will find pics popping up on their page! Go like them if ya haven't already!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363578117002712&set=a.363578050336052.104078.127927477234445&type=3&theater

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I haven't received a return call on my voicemail to Loki early this morning. I'll send them an online message through their web site and hope to hear from them after the holiday.

Some nice looking rifles in this thread. :)

I'm sure you'll hear from LOKI soon. They have great Customer Service but Friday's are very busy days for them.

I haven't received a return call on my voicemail to Loki early this morning. I'll send them an online message through their web site and hope to hear from them after the holiday.

Some nice looking rifles in this thread. :)

I'm sure you'll hear from LOKI soon. They have great Customer Service but Friday's are very busy days for them.

Erik called my house line and left a message. Then he emailed me with some information and an invitation to talk more. We are at the 'phone tag' stage of things. But some good ideas are being discussed in our messages, so far.

I had a very productive and enjoyable conversation with Erik within the past hour or so. We talked about some very interesting options and upgrades. I will have a final build list for him to price later today. Then we see what it looks like compared to other options. I expect it to be very competitive in the marketplace.

Regardless of what direction I choose, I encourage everyone to give Loki a thought when thinking about a new rifle or upper. It would certainly be worth the call or email to talk about it.

Edited by michael1778

I had a very productive and enjoyable conversation with Erik within the past hour or so. We talked about some very interesting options and upgrades. I will have a final build list for him to price later today. Then we see what it looks like compared to other options. I expect it to be very competitive in the marketplace.

Regardless of what direction I choose, I encourage everyone to give Loki a thought when thinking about a new rifle or upper. It would certainly be worth the call or email to talk about it.

Glad you enjoyed your conversation with Erik. He's a great guy and has time to discuss options to make the build right for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I ordered one in the neutral bright titanium we see in an earlier picture in this thread, not the blue titanium. PRS stock, billet receiver set, Ergo Tactical grip, 18" limited run barrel, AR Gold trigger, and so forth. Can't imagine I'll buy an 18" rifle again. And the 16" upper from Carbon Arms is on the way soon. Might get the Loki by early to mid-April. Cutting it close for the Texas match. But the 16" race gun upper should be here next week.

Today I ordered one in the neutral bright titanium we see in an earlier picture in this thread, not the blue titanium. PRS stock, billet receiver set, Ergo Tactical grip, 18" limited run barrel, AR Gold trigger, and so forth. Can't imagine I'll buy an 18" rifle again. And the 16" upper from Carbon Arms is on the way soon. Might get the Loki by early to mid-April. Cutting it close for the Texas match. But the 16" race gun upper should be here next week.

Sounds like you have yourself an amazing build coming from LOKI. I know you'll enjoy it. Can't wait to hear how it shoots

Anyone have a good accuracy report for this rifle?

We've shot my standard 69 SMK reloads through mine without tuning and saw just under 2.25" groups at 300 yards. It's about the same as this load out of my 18" JP barrel.

We've shot my standard 69 SMK reloads through mine without tuning and saw just under 2.25" groups at 300 yards. It's about the same as this load out of my 18" JP barrel.

For a guy who will shoot only factory ammo, do you have any 69 grain recommendations for a Loki? Mine will have an 18" Satern barrel. Thank you.

For a guy who will shoot only factory ammo, do you have any 69 grain recommendations for a Loki? Mine will have an 18" Satern barrel. Thank you.

Mine likes the Hornady Superformance & Steel Match 75's a lot for store bought ammo. Actually any Hornady 55 & 75gr ammo I've tried has performed very well at 100 yards. I've not shot any factory loads out past 100 yards though, I normally use my reloads. I did do some testing vs. my JP 18" barrel at 100 yards and have ordered another LOKI 18" double fluted :)

Loki makes some gorgeous rifles. I just received my new upper this week.

I had them use my supplied upper to complete the project. It's not exactly a 3G upper, but it was something within my budget. I'd post pics but I don't have enough posts.

This weekend will be its maiden voyage out to the range. From what I've read about the quality of their barrels, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. :D

It's still a bit front heavy but it's really light overall, so it's doesn't seem to be an issue. That's one reason I went with an 18" barrel over a 20". A lighter comp would help the balance too but the RT just works soooo good. I think it weighs around 6.25lbs before adding the optic.

EDIT: If you want an irons gun this gun in 20" with the FSB stuck out as far as possible would be the cats meow I think.

Edited by Shadowrider