Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Michigan Sectionals

Hats off to the folks at Livingston Gun Club for a great match over the weekend. Thanks to the R.O.s for a job well done. It was obvious that they could have used more, but those that were there did a fine job.

The stages were great; especially the "dark house", with many ways that a shooter could aproach each one.

Congrats to all of the winners. It was quite humbling to shoot Production with such a talented field. It was obvious that many of this areas best shooters from other divisions pulled out their stock guns. I was glad to see this. It made for a quite a challenge.

Hope to see many of you at SKSC for the other half of the 2012 MI Sectionals.

Couldn't find the results from last weeks matchs on USPSA website. Do they wait until the this coming weekends matches are finished and submit them all at the same time?

Is there an alternative website where last weeks results are published?

Congrats to everyone that participated, especially those that organized and worked it.

Shot with staff today and it was a fun match. Stages were very straight forward, some hard leans, and had a mix of hard cover, no shoots and small poppers to keep it from being a hoser match.

Fun sqaud with Roy, Mike Dame, Greg Panzl, Dan Click, Mike Barrera and couple of other I haven't shot with before.

Hung in there one times and hits with Mike, Greg and Roy, threw a mike on a hard lean, gun canted shot. Wished it was a delta, but no such luck. Only 3 deltas on the day, see how it holds up after tomorrow

thanks to the staff and all the help, hope you guys have a great weekend

A big thanks to Dale and the gang at South Kent Sportsman's Club in Dorr, MI. The Open, Limited, L-10 Sectional was a fun match.

The stages were very deceiving. Straight forward without much variation in which to approach them, but they definitely tested a shooter's temptation to go blazingly fast since the designers plastered no-shoots and hard cover on a majority of the targets. Obstructing all of those Alphas with so much potential for penalties made it really difficult for those of us that were crazy enough to shoot this event with a "minor" power factor. That being said, it didn't seem to effect the winner of L-10 who did exactly that. Congrats Micah Barcello.

I was also squadded with Open winner Chris Keen. Simply amazing to watch what he was able to do with that race-gun....as long as you didn't blink!!!

Thanks again to the staff, and congrats to all of the winners.

I would like to thank the entire staff for this match. The range was as expected, perfect. Again thank you for all of your hard work in putting this match together. With out you this match would have never happened.

Congratulations to the match winners. The stages were deciving, so easy to go fast but not all of the target had nice clean shots.

I am looking forward to next years match, rumor has it it will be at Detroit Sportsmans Congress, in Utica Michigan. As more informtaion comes available I will post it in a new thread.

Carl Provan

Thank you S40 for the kind words. Dorr has such an amazing range, and the staff were equally excellent. A big thank you to all of those that worked this match...your labors are appreciated and are what make our great sport continue year after year :cheers:

Shannan (High B Open, overall, btw) was rock'in that Palm. I didn't know they could run that fast. She had it keeping up with me, and I wasn't cutting any slack for the Palm. (Trick - she used the eraser end of a pencil as her input device. Faster than a stylus.)

- IO