Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being treated like an Idiot...

TommyC

... when I show up at pretty much Any match with my "box stock" Combat Commander.  The most common comments are "Can't afford a 'Real' gun?" and "What's the point if That is all you have to shoot with?".  First, with Two kids in college, I probably Can't afford what most would call a "real" gun, and second, I shoot for fun and to improve my skill so what does it matter to anyone else what I shoot?  

Thanks for the Vent space and for a Great forum!

Tommy C.,

Welcome aboard.  But, come onnnn!  You can vent harder than that can't ya?  let it lose.  :)

(by the way...it doesn't matter what you shoot, somebody will make fun of it. that just makes the victory a little sweeter when you beat them.)

TommyC:

Come shoot with us, we like new shooters with box stock guns. Then again, we are also bright enough to know that guys like you hold the future of the sport in your hands.

As for the not having a "real gun". That's what guys with Commanders ask me when I show up with my Open pistol.

Quote: from Ron Ankeny

"As for the not having a "real gun". That's what guys with Commanders ask me when I show up with my Open pistol."

I remember thinking that about Open pistols.  

(Edited by Singlestack at 8:19 pm on Dec. 5, 2002)

Come on guys. Isn't it part of the "Male Bonding" thing to rag on fellow shooters? Sure forms part of the fun for me. There's hardly a gun (except mine, of course ) that can't be bagged, so always give as good as you get.

The running gag around here, at least for a while, was that anyone shooting a little gun (.38 Super, 9 by 23, 9mm, .40 S&W) couldn't handle a real woman's caliber.

Derived, of course, because all the big tough guys were shooting little bitty bullets and my wife was shooting a .45 ACP...

Alex