Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick pistol class question

Mike in CT

Hello all,

Just need a quick refresher on Pistol classes.

I have an STI Eagle (2011 in 40S&W) (bushing barrel that I shoot in ESP), that one I am pretty sure is the right classification

I have an STI Trojan (1911 in 9mm) that I *think* would be in SSP, Is that correct?

Of course my M&P with only grip tape would fall in SSP as well,

Appreciate a reply. I am signing up for my first regional match and want to be sure I use the proper class,

Mike

Hello all,

Just need a quick refresher on Pistol classes.

I have an STI Eagle (2011 in 40S&W) (bushing barrel that I shoot in ESP), that one I am pretty sure is the right classification

I have an STI Trojan (1911 in 9mm) that I *think* would be in SSP, Is that correct?

Of course my M&P with only grip tape would fall in SSP as well,

Appreciate a reply. I am signing up for my first regional match and want to be sure I use the proper class,

Mike

The Trojan would be ESP, SAO guns aren't allowed in SSP. I'm not sure about the Eagle as I'm not very familiar with the pistol.

• 1 year later...

Is there a recommended magwell that will fit on a stock Eagle and still fit in the box? Also, should I be using the 126mm magazines with the flat stock base pad to make size? Sorry I'm not sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm looking to make the same cross sport jump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, there is a classifier coming up next month, what I might do is see if I can shoot both classes and then go with what I am more comfortable with,

Thanks for the suggestion,

Mike

You should have no problem shooting both classes with different platforms. That's what the classifier is about.