Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Indiana Multigun Series

Looking for some feedback as to whether this new series is open/appropriate for a new multigun shooter?

I've shot IDPA for a handful of years but the Saturday shoots heavily conflict with my schedule so I'm looking to try something new. I've always wanted to try 3G and the Sunday schedule fits me better.

Thanks in advance.

You wI'll be fine. The fact you have match experiance is a big plus. That means you understand the safe gun handling and match management as far as having your gear ready to come to the line. Plus knowing how to make ready etc. Its just times 3 now. Same match duties like pasting and resetting. I personally think you will be fine. The ones who may be a bit at a disadvantage is someone who has never shot any kind of match. It can be done but other shooters on the squad will have to step up and help them and keep eyes open to head off any potential safety issues. Large squads may help with this issue. With the projected turn out it will be a slow match but that's ok

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IndianaMultigun.com has been updated. Please read over the rules, visit the series sponsor page and check out the series sponsors. There have been significant changes to the rules so please read over them. Also under Series info is the series rules itself, set aside from the INMG rules, read over those as well.

1330375477[/url]' post='1647597']

I believe he said nothing smaller than 7.5's.

That rule is staying the same as it has been for this year at least

According the rules this morning, anything up to size #4 shot is good to go. may not be a bad idea to have a box of 5s or 6s in the range bag in case there is a 35 yard popper somewhere :sight:

This may have been covered already, so I apologize in advance if my search-fu and reading comprehension are weak.

With regards to qualifying for the shoot off, beyond the people who win their division, are the rest of the shooters scored against each other regardless of division to determine who makes the shoot off? I realize this would skew things towards those shooting open.

I guess I'm wondering if the guy who finishes 2nd overall in limited or heavy metal but would have scored top 16 if all divisions were scored together will be out of the shoot off because of the higher % of shooters in optics. Although it seems like with the inclusion of unmagnified optics, that tac limited is going to be a healthy class!

the remaining 12 shooters for the shoot off will be decided based on percentage of entries received for each division. The more shooters in 1 division the more shooters that Div will have in the shoot off.

As of 2.29.2012

32 Tac Optics

9 Open

6 Tac Limited

3 Heavy Metal Limited

Blake is correct. That is the numbers for SERIES shooters, does not include the shooters who have no wish to be included in the series that will show up day of for matches.

Next year may have to be a 2 day format, or require shooters to attend ever match and make it closed to only those who register for the series. We are back at the table with 3gun Nation to discuss INMG being part of their 3gun nation club series for 2012. Hope to have more info by the end of the week so Ryan, Tony and Myself can talk it over more.

Edited by jwfuhrman

WOW. I thought that 40 shooters in the past was a good turnout. Plus how many that show day of match. I'd imagine every match will have a few who can't make it and maybe a few that drop out at some point but that's going to make for a full parking lot. The trap snobs will have their panties in a bunch. :devil:

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but can anyone confirm that a Benelli m3 convertible (in pump mode) would be legal for heavy metal? As a 3G newbie, I'm leaning towards heavy metal as its a smaller division and I'd like to use my IDPA 1911 pistol...does this make sense or would you advise news to start in another division? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but can anyone confirm that a Benelli m3 convertible (in pump mode) would be legal for heavy metal? As a 3G newbie, I'm leaning towards heavy metal as its a smaller division and I'd like to use my IDPA 1911 pistol...does this make sense or would you advise news to start in another division? Thanks in advance.

308 Rifle with 20rd max in the Magazine

12ga Pump

45 ACP pistol with 10rd magazine capacity

Please take the time to check out all of our series sponsors. We have quite a few, and more interest every day.

Fuhrman Precision Services, Inc

Sinclair Intl

BattleComp

Lead Farmer Inc

AP Custom

His and Her Target Sports Indy

Prototech Enterprises, Inc

CPWSA

Noveske Rifle Works

Plainfield Shooting Supply

Edited by jwfuhrman