Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Ohio State IDPA Match?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone with insight why Ohio with a large number of shooters and 13 sanctioned clubs hasn't put together a state championship in 3 years?

Is it a lack of organization/initiative? Lack of club willingness to host? Lack of volunteers?

I'd love for this trend to change, and am curious how we can make that happen?

Anyone with insight why Ohio with a large number of shooters and 13 sanctioned clubs hasn't put together a state championship in 3 years?

Is it a lack of organization/initiative? Lack of club willingness to host? Lack of volunteers?

I'd love for this trend to change, and am curious how we can make that happen?

I'm not being a smart-ass, but if you want a match in OH, why not volunteer to start putting one together?

A state level match is a shit ton of work and the few clubs that can pull it off typically know this. In MI we have found it helps to lighten the load on everyone involved if all of the clubs in the state pitch in to make it happen. Each club brings a stage and a staff to work that stage. We end up with some great stages and have a lot of fun doing it.

• 1 month later...

I've been hoping someone would put on an Ohio IDPA state match. I need more major matches close to home. Won't somebody take pity on me and put on an Ohio match?!?! :)

+1

as a michiagander, i would love to see another major match that is not 8-12 hrs away.

+1

Our group will definitely support you guys by attending and will even convince others to go... just let us know...

Edited by fishpinoy27

I've been hoping someone would put on an Ohio IDPA state match. I need more major matches close to home. Won't somebody take pity on me and put on an Ohio match?!?! :)

Are you going to Indiana State Match? we are going and I think we are shooting with Mike B's squad...

Edited by fishpinoy27

Mailed my app out for the Indiana State match on Sunday.

Getting around a bit this year...which is always a good thing.

printed off the app, now to convince my wife we need to shoot this one too :D

Are you going to Indiana State Match? we are going and I think we are shooting with Mike B's squad...

Who said we will let you into our squad? I hope you aren't bringing that JJ Cool L fellow.... :lol:

Who said we will let you into our squad? I hope you aren't bringing that JJ Cool L fellow.... :lol:

You're squad has already been invaded by the Spencer's, Hasselbach's and Steve N. We'll do another squad size ala Indoor Nationals. :/

Mailed my app out for the Indiana State match on Sunday.

Getting around a bit this year...which is always a good thing.

We are also shooting Sunday...hope to see you in Indiana and the Grate Lakes Regional....if you can bring some of your friends please do so...it will be a blast....

Edited by fishpinoy27

opps!! that was JJ cool little fellow that runs like a mosquito larvae said.... :huh:

...So I think we have to post some placards at some clubs asking shooters to adopt us...... :lol:

Edited by fishpinoy27

I just shot the Florida IDPA Championship and Joe Buchanan, the Ohio AC, was on my squad. He said that he's having trouble getting clubs to step up to the plate for a state match. He also said that one of two clubs will probably host one in 2013.

I just shot the Florida IDPA Championship and Joe Buchanan, the Ohio AC, was on my squad. He said that he's having trouble getting clubs to step up to the plate for a state match. He also said that one of two clubs will probably host one in 2013.

We have heard that the last two years. PCSI in Circleville did a GREAT job holding the state match a few years back. I wish they would do it again.

• 1 month later...

Have heard that the PCSI membership isn't necessarily keen about another state match, even though the club did a good one. Some of the old timers still don't like the IDPA shooting (or any style of shooting while moving). Richwood is getting some major renovations - maybe they'll start hosting IDPA matches.

Have heard that the PCSI membership isn't necessarily keen about another state match, even though the club did a good one. Some of the old timers still don't like the IDPA shooting (or any style of shooting while moving). Richwood is getting some major renovations - maybe they'll start hosting IDPA matches.

That is probably sorta true, but maybe not so much. LOL

There is a new Board Of Directors at the club now. Perhaps a few more BOD members that are shooting sport friendly now, then in the recent past. Somebody would have to be willing to run the match...and ask the club.

What sam adams said is completely true.. Joe is a friend and i shoot with him weekly and as far as the state matches go, the only clubs we get to consistently are youngstown, ashland, and start. Neither Ytown or START could run a match because of range size. Ashland would be great again, i think they hosted in 09. We are heavy involved trying to get a local PA club up to snuff for a state match. It is extremely close to YTown area and they are shooting for next yr.

• 4 months later...