Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip tape for m&p

reichebrown

I'm looking for a grip enhancer for my m&p. Any favorites out there? I have seen the e-treme grips and the talon grips mentioned on different forums. Is one better over the other? Are there others that you suggest?

I am leaning towards the x-trends as I have not been disappointed with anything from speed shooters.

Tac-Grip has some really nice grips. I put a set of Glock grips on my XDm in October and they still feel great. Great service as well.

http://www.tac-grip.com/shop/cart.cfm?cmd=view.item&tcat=1&scat=1011&productid=141

Dawson has some as well

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=8000103A-1307738804

With the Dawson grips will I need to buy glue. I see glue, accelerator, and remover listed on the right of the screen. It would also be nice to see a picture of them.

As for the Gorilla and tac grips. How do they accomodate the different back straps. I use the medium insert wich I am guessing would be their target grip size.

I like the Idea of a one piece tape but am concerned about its ability to mold to the contour of the grips. Also the cutouts on the speed shooters grip enhancer leads me to think that they might get torn up easier due to all te edges created by the pattern of the wholes.

I bought some "Black Magic" tape off of Amazon for $6 and cut my own; it's working just fine and I have a couple of square feet left over for other applications. The $24 you save is 100 rounds of 9mm! :)

I'd recommend avoiding the backstrap - it slowed my draw (specifically, sliding my hand up snug on the beavertail) and chewed up my palm on longer practice sessions.

Edited by SnookDawgg

• 3 weeks later...