Pics of refinished CZs

burningsquirrels

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tough thing about refinishing a CZ is the metal prep.

the coating work well because they fill nicely.

but stuff like hardchome, black nitride, nickel etc. you are going to have to put up with porous spots in the metal or do a lot of metal work and refinish.

the metal while hard as heck an will eat up carbide cutters, has a lot of air bubbles in them.

wish I would have grabbed a photo..

we did some guns with a nickel nitride finish and black nitride and found some porous spots on the frame,etc.

it doesn't hurt anything, just looks ugly when you are trying to make something look as best as it can.

and you don't see it until you start blasting the whole finish off.

the next gun I get in for some metal work and needs a refinish...I'll blast it before sending off and shoot some photos.

ok, thanks. one of those finishes was on my list to consider.... though personally i think beat up and caked with grease and grime is the best finish of all. :cheers:

I think I may feel the same way. I guess I'll get to see the two options side by side in the very near future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post photos when I get it back in a couple of weeks.

tomorrow is two weeks. pics? :roflol::cheers:

I wish. Heard from the guy last week - he'd just finished doing the controls in black, but had not yet done the fame/slide. Expecting to hear more this week.

He's working on my two-tone Shadow. I guess we knew the finish on those isn't all that strong - but the guy was kind of surprised at how easily the original stuff came off.

The gun in finished. But I haven't seen it yet.

The guy that's doing the coating hasn't worked with a lot of CZs. So he ended taking it to his gunsmith for disassembly and reassembly. Would love to get it this weekend, but I'm betting next weekend is more likely.

The guy who's doing the coating is somewhat local. I wanted to avoid the extra expense of shipping the gun. I suppose I could have taken it apart and kept the internals before handing it over to him. Oh well. Too late for that now.

I think it would be very nice. polish flats with a matte finish always looks good to me.

I don't like a high polish though, nothing like a buffing wheel job..but like a up to 800grit.

Interesting hearing you say that... I've got a Polished SS75B that I've decided to hold on to and while I don't hate the polished look, you've got me thinking of doing the slide and maybe controls Matte Bronze and leaving the frame as is, kinda a half n' half look...