Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Club in Blakely,GA

There will be a new USPSA club in Blakely,GA at American International Marksmanship Academy. The facility is brand new and extremely nice and well laid out. There are 15 bays for action shooting and additionally there are 5 other pistol carbine bays, a 200 yard rifle, 300 yard rifle, 1000 yard known distance range and a 2200 meter unknown distance range, sporting clays, proshop with ammo and more. The first match should be mid/late February. I'll keep you posted. For more info on the facility check out:www.marksmanshipacademy.com

There will also be Tactical Carbine matches(similar to Steel City) 3 gun and long range rifle/sniper competitions.

Edited by fpgb1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. As GuyC said, you'll get a good group from Tallahassee (myself included) as long as the match doesn't conflict with our local match on the 1st Saturday (and, hopefully it won't conflict with the Tri-State match in Daleville on the 4th Saturday).

My appoligies for not getting back on here sooner, been wide open with an Army course. Everything is looking solid for the 4th Sunday in February. I'm looking to do 5 or 6 stages this month, in general I like to set up fairly high round count stages that flow well, of course there will be some challenges here and there. Taking a poll here, who's up for some carbine stages in the match? Here in Anniston we have done 4 pistol, 2 carbine stages for a couple years and I was thinking about it down there or possibly a monthly carbine only match. Carbine pistol format could be 4 pistol and 3 carbine, one mid range carbine with paper and steel an also shoot some pistol stages with carbine. Throw out any thoughts you have adn I'll take them into consideration.

I know I do not have a rifle to shoot at the moment and that would prohibit me from shooting the match. I know a couple other guys that also don't have rifles comming from Tallahassee.

I would rather you do a pistol only match, and then a rifle only match the second weekend of the month. That would give me the opportunity to shoot a full pistol match and maybe barrow a buddys rifle for the secound weekend. I also know a ton of guys that do not want to shoot a pistol match but want to shoot a carbine match. They would be more apt to come up for a rifle only match.

Edited by GuyC

I think you would get more participation if you had a pistol only on one weekend and rifle only or even better a 3 gun match on a different weekend.

I am going with Dan on this one

I my self don't have all the gear yet for that kinda match but I am up for a pistol match

Thanks for the input How bout this. USPSA pistol only every 4th Sunday and Carbine only and perhaps 2 gun carbine pistol on the 2nd Sunday? Is the second Sunday wide open in that part of the world?

Nothing in this area second sunday. IDPA matches at Tristate and South River on fourth Sunday. Second sunday pistol would prevent back to back pistol. Third saturday's are Tristate uspsa, ancient city uspsa, EAGC rimfire, and Glock style at TRPC. Second Saturday are low round count events eagc idpa, sepsa uspsa and trpc steel.

Nothing in this area second sunday. IDPA matches at Tristate and South River on fourth Sunday. Second sunday pistol would prevent back to back pistol. Third saturday's are Tristate uspsa, ancient city uspsa, EAGC rimfire, and Glock style at TRPC. Second Saturday are low round count events eagc idpa, sepsa uspsa and trpc steel.

Actually Tri State USPSA is the 4th Sat., I would like to see the Blakely USPSA match on the 2nd Sunday so it won't be back to back with Ti States match.

Actually Tri State USPSA is the 4th Sat., I would like to see the Blakely USPSA match on the 2nd Sunday so it won't be back to back with Ti States match.

I would also like to see it on the secound Sunday. Two matches in a weekend will be hard to get a full car load of guys to go two days in a row from Tallahassee.

We need to do whatever we need to do to make this range and this club succeed.

Agreed.

I wiish I could get down there but I know Frank will make a match worth attending.

He's sort of soft around the edges and makes and makes little girls cry, but he does manage to put up some great matches. :roflol:

Try it and see if you don't like it.

I don't care when it is just try to do some 3gun. I know it's more set up and such but there aren't many around. Scoring can be faster and easier by running outlaw rules. Whatever you do I'll be there since it's a 30min. ride for me.

Ryan

Multi gun is coming and in a Big way hopefully.

Between this venue and Rockcastle, we have shut up the guys out west who like to say that there is no where east of the Mississippi where there can be a decent 3 gun match. The Baxley location may even trump even the NRA Center and it is sure as heck a lot easier place to connect with airlines.