Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2012 Mississippi Classic

Demmit, this'll be the first match where I've got to miss the Hooter's trip! :angry2:

Whose "birthday" will it be this time, and who will be the Playboy talent scout? :roflol:

Edited by Sin-ster

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's work day at the range was very productive! Everything going well and ahead of schedule I dare say.

Confirmed today with Sheriff Department that we have two officers that will be working a detail for us Friday and Saturday night. Moving back and forth from the two match hotels from 9PM to 5AM both Friday and Saturday nights. If you see 'em, give them a thanks from all of us. That goes a long way! We are paying them BUT, they are still giving up their Friday and Saturday nights to patrol our hotels specifically for us!

This is going to be a great weekend and I can't wait to begin hosting!!

First full day is done, and all 10 stages are set-up. Tomorrow we tweak and look for shoot throughs and then hang banners. After that it is just the scut work, empty trash barrels, clean up the building for vendors, get ready for everyone to arrive. Oh, and prep for crawfish boil!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'm on Stage Six, the classifier "Tight Squeeze", be sure and introduce yourself if we have not met before.

Good luck to all.

Demmit, this'll be the first match where I've got to miss the Hooter's trip! :angry2:

Whose "birthday" will it be this time, and who will be the Playboy talent scout? :roflol:

Why would you skip out. It was Carrie's birthday this week. Cmon talent scout don't be scared.

First full day is done, and all 10 stages are set-up. Tomorrow we tweak and look for shoot throughs and then hang banners. After that it is just the scut work, empty trash barrels, clean up the building for vendors, get ready for everyone to arrive. Oh, and prep for crawfish boil!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'm on Stage Six, the classifier "Tight Squeeze", be sure and introduce yourself if we have not met before.

Good luck to all.

Do we have enough Revolver shooters to make a division?

Why would you skip out. It was Carrie's birthday this week. Cmon talent scout don't be scared.

I won't be there; have to shoot through on Friday and leave right after.

Be sure to give your waitress my "business card". :eatdrink:

That is very depressing - you won't be around for me to see your face when they announce me for HOA Production?!?!

Shoot straight tomorrow - I'll be there early and I'm sure will see you on a few stages!

Do bring business cards - I'm sure we can do the whole talent scout act again HAHA

Don' t give my slot away as we were there until 4:45 and no registration was occurring so we

left to go eat. We came back at 7:30 to register and it was shut down....e-mail said registration at range from 6:30 to 8:30....apparently not.

Yep, that was my fault. I had too much sun and not enough fun today. I'm not dead yet though so I'll be out early in the morning to get everyone set up.

John

Glad you're alive, bubba. You've been working hard for days now, so it's understandable.

I guess snapping all of that rope in the process of hanging the match banner took it out of ya. :D

ETA-- Hydrate, all.

Is there water at the range?

BB

You know-- I'm not sure what they're setting up. Today, it was BYOW-- but technically speaking, you should have been hydrating 24 hours in advance. ;)

I'm sure you can bum something wet throughout the day if it comes down to it. I probably owe a dozen waters and Gatorades after today...

Yep, that was my fault. I had too much sun and not enough fun today. I'm not dead yet though so I'll be out early in the morning to get everyone set up.

John

No worries seems like there was a match I had that was supposed to start at 9am that was a little late getting started....besides Hicks posted that.

What an awesome match!! The staff and directors did a fantastic job. Great to meet some new friends and catch up with some old ones.. Crawfish and beer Sat night was great! Thanks again to all who helped make this thing happen!

-SS

Thanks to everyone who made this match possible!! From the match director to the little guys running the score sheets and everyone in between!!! Everyone ones part was equally important!! It was my first MS Classic and it won't be my last! Thanks again for an outstanding match!! :D

The 2012 Mississippi Classic and Mississippi Sectional Championship has been completed. 231 shooters, 236+ rounds on ten stages, for a total of 54,516+ rounds, and over $23,000 in prizes. Saturday night we had a live band, 500 pounds of crawfish, and two kegs under the pavillion at the range. The match slots filled up on February 24th, 84 days prior to the match, the earliest to date. I enjoyed working Stage 5 with Tim Frank, Mike Gilbreath, my newlywed spouse, Sharon Womack, and my two sons, Steven Womack and Phillip Womack aka Home Alone who also helped deliver score sheets. Hope you all enjoyed the match and hospitality. Team Magnolia enjoyed hosting the match for all of you, our shooting community. We can't wait to see you all on a range. Until then......

Edited by ScottW

I want to thank John and his team for ANOTHER Great match and really fun no nonsense stages......I was not available to review posted results during arb. period and it cost me 2 places in the overall finish.

Just a reminder to those who do not take the time to verify their score sheets with the posted results, Always, Always, Always verify!!

Edited by DrawandDuck

I want to thank John and his team for ANOTHER Great match and really fun no nonsense stages......I was not available to review posted results during arb. period and it cost me 2 places in the overall finish.

Just a reminder to those who do not take the time to verify their score sheets with the posted results, Always, Always, Always verify!!

Problem?

I had a great time despite the warm weather. Water was everywhere and plenty of friendly, helpful and outgoing folks. Thanks to John Heiter for all his good work and the great ROs who facilitated the fun of the Classic. The crawfish n beer was great, the band great and the vendors very helpful. Thanks again to the entire RO staff, hope to see you all again next year... BTW, the 2 new shooters I brought along had a great time and both won plaques!

Problem?

First off, As shooters it is our responsibility to verify the scores during the arb. period....for those of you who have keyed a score into ezwin know when you key a double digit number it automatically moves to the next box but on single digits you have to tab to the next box....on Stage 9 I had 27 alpha, 1 bravo, 3 charlie and 1 delta. What I believe happened was that after the 27 was entered they hit the tab key to move to bravo box but it actually moved to the charlie box resulting in 27 alpha, 1 charlie, 3 delta and 1 mike being keyed. Instead of it being 99.69% of the stage winner pulling 159.5081 of the 160 points it was only 87.96% and pulled 140.7429 pts....had a major impact on my results....Cost me 18.7652 match points that would have given me 1055.36 overall points....at least it was not 2nd overall and 1st master which would have stung even more.

Again, this was my responsibilty to verify the results, which I missed that opportunity, so this is totally on me. :cheers: