Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 mags not falling freely

mikeg1005

Hey everyone.

I'm new to the whole 2011 thing... upgraded from single stack and I love it.

Anyways, Out of the mags I have, I have noticed that two do not fall freely out of the gun. The other ones I have, will shoot out as they should when they are empty, two of them(STI mags) will not. I will hit the mag release and they will not move.

I have concluded that it is the mag tube dragging. As I pull the mag out I can feel resistance so its not the mag release, and the resistance is still there if I just use an empty tube so its not the follower/base pad.

I'm going to use a marker and figure out where its dragging after work, but what are the fixes to get it to fall freely again?

Thanks,

MIke.

You can lightly squeeze them in a vise to make them narrower. I've done a few that way. Don't get too carried away though. Put the mag in the vise and tighten a bit and check in the gun, if it doesn't fit then go a little more.

All the ones I've had to do were too wide front to back.

Well after a lot of sharpie coloring, vice work and a little bit of hammering all the mags are good.

2 of the mags were 1.38-1.39" wide and the other was too wide sidways and needed to be pressed in at a few places. Everything works and I actually am able to get an extra round in one of the mags now haha.

They now drop out empty and full.. and the tubes by themselves fall out fine so with the help of the follower/a round on top they shoot out great.

MIke.

Edited by mikeg1005

Is there a dimension for the mag catch that is recommended. After tweaking the mags I had to adjust the mag catch openings for the mag release to let the mags go( light filing fixed it) .

Just wondering if you go by feel or by a measurement.

Thanks,

Mike.