Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MAGAZINE PROBLEMS

SAMMY63

Let me try to explain what happend this weekend at a shoot with my Tactical Sports 40cal. My gun was absolutely clean, inside out and upside down. I have 8 magazines I shot the first stage had to reload twice, when i finished the stage and went to eject the magazine it was stuck in the gun. I raked the balance of the bullets from the gun and had to pry the magazine from the gun.

I took it back to the safe table and tried to insert the mag again it went in and it stuck again. I put the magazine on the wide. This same thing happened again on the next three stages. It turns out that I have 4 magazines that will not cycle in the gun and 4 that do not have any problems. Yes they are all the same 40 cal Tactical Sport magazines, i purchased them from CZCUSTOM. I have shoot these magazines for about the last 3 mos and now this happens.

I went home and put a brush in the mag well took the gun apart cleaned the gun again throughly and cleaned the mags. But they still get stuck about half way up the mag well.

I am at a loss.

I new these would be the place to get information.

thanks for you help

good shooting.

At the slot (on the mag)that the mag release uses will bend outwards. I think this is from putting them in a little too forcefully. If that is the case, file it down and happyness will return. If not idk. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to take a little material off the inside of my mag catch. The mag catch was pinning the mags when I hit the release sometimes. Take the slide off and push the mag catch all the way in. Look and see if there is any material visible on the inside of the grip frame. If there is, you'll need to remove the material until it flush with the grip frame. Bob Londrigan has an article on the procedure on his website that has more detail. I hope this helps.

I had to take a little material off the inside of my mag catch. The mag catch was pinning the mags when I hit the release sometimes. Take the slide off and push the mag catch all the way in. Look and see if there is any material visible on the inside of the grip frame. If there is, you'll need to remove the material until it flush with the grip frame. Bob Londrigan has an article on the procedure on his website that has more detail. I hope this helps.

I just did this tonight with my Shadow. It was driving me crazy - unable to figure out why my mags weren't falling out. At first, I thought I wasn't smashing the mag release button hard enough - something that also appears capable of keeping the mag from falling free. But then finally figured out I was actually pushing it too far in. I filed away most of that excess material. Seems to be working much better now.

• 3 weeks later...