Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got my first Dillon

This is going to be a "well duh" post for all of you that already have one, but I wanted to post for anyone thinking about it and searching and reading threads. I was just there, and I know what you're thinking. "They sure are expensive. Do I really need that? Is it too hard to use? Etc."

I've been reloading on a single stage for about ten years now. It had gotten so that I actually dreaded reloading, and suffered through it only so I could shoot more without breaking the bank.

After having a Dillon (RL550b) for only a week now, I enjoy loading again. It seems sick to even say it, but I'm looking forward to when I can sneak out to my loading room and knock out a couple hundred more rounds. I already have several hundred ready to shoot, so I don't really "need" to, but since I have components and everything's all set up it seems silly not to!

Put off that next new gun purchase and break down and buy the Dillon. You won't be sorry. It's the best money I ever spent.

Also - a special thanks to everyone who has posted here. You never knew it, but I spent hours and hours searching and reading old posts before I ever bought one. You helped me choose which accessories I really needed, showed me what to watch for when setting it up, and when I screwed something up I already knew what it was because I remembered reading about somebody else doing the same thing. Brian - I can't thank you enough for making such a great place for people to gather and exchange information!

How on earth I ever kept reloading before I got my 650 I don't know, going from a single stage Rock Chucker from the 70's to a Dillon 650 Progressive is like going from a bicycle to a Leer Jet. Now I'm waiting for my Mr Bullet feeder to arrive to kick it up one more notch. Good luck with yours. :D