Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P Pro

saibot

Well I finally got my new M&P Pro 9 today!! But unfortunately the trigger feels like there is gravel in it. I have the FS9 and the 9c and neither of them felt like this when I got them. Is this normal for the Pro? Does it smooth out? Anything I should do to it?

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the info you guys! After closer inspection it does appear to be where the trigger bar contacts the striker block. Looks like some polishing is in order or just swapping it out with the Apex USB should take care of it.

On a side note, I guess it's because this is a Pro, but the trigger, other than the gritty drag on the striker block, is much nicer than the other M&Ps that I have. Although it does have quite a bit of take up, the trigger is substantially lighter with a very short and perceivable reset. No RAM needed here.

Thanks again!

Thanks all for the info. After a little more investigation it appears to be the trigger bar where it contacts striker block, not the striker block itself. I put Pro slide on my FS9 and it was smooth and my FS9 slide on my Pro frame was gritty so it looks like it's the bar.

Over all I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the Pro so far. I had high expectations on the basis of the other M&Ps I have and figured the Pro would be even better but that's not been the case. I took it out to the range today and it ran pretty poorly. Lots of FTF/FTE. The rear sight was barely on and was way off center. The slide release doesn't really work. I think the spring tension is really tight and as the day went on it started to run better. It may loosen up and run better but I'm shocked that this thing make it out of the factory. I hoping that it would be GTG but looks like I'll need to pony up some more money and get the CAEK to get what should have been from the Pro shop.

Don't do anything to the gun until you call S&W. They will send you a postage label to mail the gun back to them and they will fix it. I don't know if S&W has a problem with QC but it seams alot guns make it out the door with some issues. They will fix it for free so there is no point spending a bunch of money yet.

I know you guys are right and I should call S&W and let them take care of it. I just hate sending things back and I typically take care of things myself but I think LPatterson is right. This one was built on a Friday...

Thanks guys for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up with you guys on my progress. Since this gun was earmarked for competition only and I had planned on doing some work on it anyway I thought I'd see what I could do with it before sending it back, and who knows, fix it myself. I bought the Apex CAEK and RAM and started with the slide. Replacing the striker spring and striker block with the USB fixed the gritty trigger problem strait away. I proceeded to install the rest of the kit and as everyone probably knows by now, the APEX kit/RAM really improves how the trigger feels. Light and crisp with a nice click for the reset.

Thanks for all of the help you guys. Glad the gun is GTG without having to mail it away.