Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade wet tumbler for stainless steel media

jmorris

I have found that the least amount of detergent used the best.

I used to have the same problem. The brass would come out shiny and tarnnish quickly. I tried filtered/unfiltered water, using several rinses and decreasing the detergent is what I found works. I haven't completely eliminated it but, it is much better.

I use 1/4 teaspoon lemishine and 1 teaspoon concentrated dawn for a 3 gallon tumbler.

I found my brass stays shinier when I rinse it in cold water vs hot water. Didn't change anything other than that and fixed the tarnishing problem for me.

I'm very glad I did wet tumbling vs dry tumbling, even though I bought the small thumbler tumbler a few years ago and it wasn't cheap and only does ~250 9mm brass I was still happy. now I just got the new frankford arsenal one and super excited for it, I was planning to build my own bigger one but couldn't justify the cost and time when ones that does 1000 .223 was only $215

I'm interested to know your recipe for cleaning solution.

To be honest I only post load tumble my brass. My brass sorter is at home in a location that sells brass, so I just go pick up 5 gallon buckets of the brass I need that is already clean and sorted.

The company I built the really big ones for hold their process as proprietary and I'll honor that.

• 4 months later...